Author Topic: xp adx 150  (Read 5314 times)

scoobywayne

xp adx 150
« on: November 21, 2015, 02:51 pm »
Hi
I'm pretty new to detecting and bought a xp adx 150 . I've been out twice and haven't really found anything except scrap iron . Can any of you tell me where  I need the sensitivity button to be? Does it need to over to the right or on the left? I have had the discrimination set to about 2 a d the sensitivity just off the red to the right.
Any help would be greatly received
Thanks

gonzo

• Gold members
Re: xp adx 150
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 03:59 pm »
The general rule is to set your sensitivity as high as you can without causing the detector to become unstable,a nice quiet detector is more preferable than a noisy one because you have set the sensitivity too high.
As for finding iron,everybody does and a detector such as the 150 will pick up more than the latest complicated models.
I would set it like I set my c scope 3mx.......just discrim out small iron objects such as small nails and dig everything else.The adx150 is a cracking little machine and will find you loads of stuff,just stick at it and if you go over something the xp will find it for you.

scoobywayne

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 05:24 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I'm just al title unsure which way the sensitivity but to  go, to the right and near the red or just have it where it clicks and turns tha machine on. Glad you said the machine is a good little machine as I wasn't really sure.
I bought the machine second hand but when I looked on ebay they are about 350 new so there not really cheap.
Thanks again for the reply

nailman

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 06:07 pm »
Hi from N Yorkshire I have a XP adventis same frequency as 150 good machines a girl in our club had the 150 always did well on the token hunts at club rallies and on pasture.

Everyone digs Iron especially big bits you'll soon get the hang of the signals
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

nailman

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 06:44 pm »
Was adding this to original post but had to answer the front door, a good tip to see if you have Iron is to  cross the target+ if it's iron giving a good signal when you go from top to bottom listern for a chop or clip in the signal, works for me 90% of the time.
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

scoobywayne

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 06:56 pm »
Thanks for the replies , will  keep you informed how I get on .
Thanks