Author Topic: not the best day detecting  (Read 5452 times)

DominoDan

not the best day detecting
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:55 pm »
well, 40 minutes into a 45 minute drive to the beach, realised i'd forgot my headphones.

quick pop upto poundland after parking the car to pick up a cheap disposable pair of headphones then back down to the beach.

only managed to get in just under an hour of searching before giving up and heading to the arcade for a bit.

headphones never stopped sliding off my head and spent most of the time adjusting them, though I did find one pound coin :p

heading back next weekend with propper headphones :p actually put them with my metal detector ready so I dont forget them again.

DaveJ

Re: not the best day detecting
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 06:00 pm »
Could well be worth leaving the el-cheapo set in the car,that way at least you wont ever have problems again,always worth carrying a spare set,i find the best ones are the xp-wired ones not only are they great sound quality for most detectors but also great in the summer when its hot,also the biggest advantage they only cost about £15 albeit its more than the pound shop but at least they dont slip off your head but its the sound quality that is really amazing.

oscar6972

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 06:16 pm »
Been there done that too. I now keep a pair of £5 ear buds in the car at all times. No messing as they push into your ear and they have quite a long lead.

redkite

• Gold Membership
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 06:47 pm »
Like the idea of spare ear buds,will put a pair in the car.

The oil man

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 08:51 pm »
And definitely a spare set of batteries in the glove box  ::)
If in doubt, take it is my tip!
I came in to the world with nothing and still have most of it left 

Deeptech Vista X  + Perseverance

RyBowk

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 08:59 pm »
Batteries are a given, must get some spare headphones though as I did the same a couple of Sundays ago >:(
That day ended up being my most successful though as I found my first hammered ;D

DominoDan

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 09:27 pm »
I double checked everything before I went too, I had a feeling something was missing, made sure I had spare batteries, scoop, bags for trash, finds box and gloves.

but yeh, im thinking of keeping a spare set of headphones in the car from now on too.

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 10:54 pm »
Been there done that too. I now keep a pair of £5 ear buds in the car at all times. No messing as they push into your ear and they have quite a long lead.

You and I dear brother are so so alike lol
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro