Author Topic: goldmax power or at pro international  (Read 5210 times)

mrbaker

goldmax power or at pro international
« on: September 26, 2015, 09:59 pm »
My brother just called me after spending 3 hours with me on the beach with my cs4pi, he is now looking for something to use on land and beach he has been searching tonight and come up with the gmp or garrett at pro i lean toward the gmp(only as im after a deus just dont tell the mrs)
your thoughts please.

Nuke em

Re: goldmax power or at pro international
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 10:08 pm »
Neither are good on the wet salt, a cheap secondhand Minelab FBS would be best. Use it for the season then sell then buy what you need when you need it , wont lose much if any if your good enough on the beach with it  ;).
A good Fisher or a Deus is alright but not a match on Minelab's on the beach , in terms of the Deus "yet" !
The AT Pro if fitted with an 11 in coil , the coil cover breaks up easy if hitting stones.

mrbaker

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 10:17 pm »
someone else said he should get an explorer 2 or quattro i tried to get him to buy my 4pi(so i can get my dual field) but he doesn't want to dig everything lol 

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:01 am »
GMP is a definite no for salt wet sand but AT Pro International would be fine.

Fdee

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 10:14 am »
Mine lab sovereign is fantastic on the beach,if,you can find a used one.they also hold their value quite well.works well on the land,although I don't think it's as good as some other detectors on stubble. Good luck with your search.

Nuke em

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 06:14 pm »
GMP is a definite no for salt wet sand but AT Pro International would be fine.

I didn't find it that good on the wet Nigel but there was an awful lot of Iron about too.
The main thing i didn't like was the brittle coil cover , only lasted 2 hours . Would be different on the sand i think .

nailman

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 09:29 pm »
I've had both machines the Garrett would wave a white flag on certain beaches was not impressed for a AT branded machine good on the plough.
GMP to sparky on the wet stuff, would love a MINELAB fbs but the weight puts me off , I use a Laser Scout on the beach surprisingly good on the damp stuff, but like most VLFmachines no good on the really wet.
Saving for Deus
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

gonzo

• Gold members
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 01:19 pm »
Any of the minelab multi's are good.Whites M6 is brilliant on the wet sand, particularly with the standard 950 coil.....also great on the fields too.