Author Topic: Night Hawking.  (Read 12340 times)

JBM

• Gold Membership
Night Hawking.
« on: October 12, 2015, 09:01 am »
BBC1 Points West Tonight at 6.30pm.

A programme covering this subject including the setting up of night cameras to catch the culprits

will be shown.  ;)  Jerry.

Rew

• Gold Membership
Re: Night Hawking.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 09:27 am »
I wonder if the BBC will do a program on scrap metal theft? Also on retired/ senior citizens who's property's back on to woodland feel that its fine to extend their boundary into the woodland. How about hare coursing and the killing of badgers, deer, foxes brutally every night of the week with pit bull/greyhound cross dogs. ( the farmer boys gang are the worst for this crime).  It always amazes me that areas like a man or men going into a field get focuced on when there are  bigger issues to be delt  with that the public needs to be made aware off.  No, I don't agree with night hawking but it just seems so trivial to what's really going on around us.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

Fdee

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 09:51 am »
I don't know that it is trivial.i bet a lot of detectorists have lost or nearly lost their permission because of night hawks.then there is the question of important finds that do not get reported to the local F.L.O.i hope that some of these people get recognised.

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 10:12 am »
BBC1 Points West Tonight at 6.30pm.

A programme covering this subject including the setting up of night cameras to catch the culprits

will be shown.  ;)  Jerry.

Hi guys just had a call to say that the full length footage is on at 7.30-800pm after the BBC 1 one show.  ;)  Jerry.

detecting_deano

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 11:02 am »
alot of gamekeepers these days are quite well set up for tresspassers due to the hare coursing i should think its not as safe being a nighthawk as it was 10-20 years ago lots use scout cameras etc

wittsy1

• Another day older today
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 11:31 am »
Thanks Jerry, should be interesting. Anybody outside BBC West region (like me), channel 966 on sky.

Fdee

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 11:36 am »
Thanks Jerry .will take a look.

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 01:08 pm »
What about free view channels

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 01:30 pm »
Once again it's the media controlling our thoughts, innocent people are being stabbed or shot in our cities because they are not of a certain religion, we hear nothing about it and the media covers night hawking and mis use of blue badges..

Fdee

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 02:17 pm »
I don't disagree with any of the arguments of the sort of things that should and could be discussed on this type of program and it will be interesting to see if they show a responsible detectorist to get both sides of what metal detecting is all about.should night hawking be kept behind closed doors or should it be highlighted?.i dare say that a lot of people will agree and disagree on the subject.i have a couple of farmers that have approached me about detectorists night hawking and have to explain that it was not me.i have lost my detecting land at the moment because of a change of farmer,but am still fighting my corner.i don't really know why(after being there for the last twenty five years)it should be the case,but farmers do talk to each other about what goes on with their land.anyway,happy days. 😄 😄

redkite

• Gold Membership
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 02:49 pm »
I think"NIGHTHAWKS" is to glamorous Bloody thieves morelike

rusty old bucket

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 05:19 pm »
There was something about nighthawking this morning , didn't get to hear much as we were all piled in the van, snoring, farting the usual builders start to the week  ;D
 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06gq01d#play
jump to 04.40
Rex Sedet in vertice
Live a good life.

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 08:49 pm »
Well there you have it including faces to think about. ;)  Jerry.

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 09:00 pm »
It did not show in the south.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 09:07 pm »
Missed it