Author Topic: Night Hawking.  (Read 12351 times)

detecting_deano

Re: Night Hawking.
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 09:27 pm »
It's on I player just search inside out west

eliot

• Gold members

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 09:51 pm »
I don't buy it, I don't think those are even English guys, the driver was called Vlad.
The super secret night camera had a flashing light on it, most people would have had that away for starters.
The farmer couldn't find any holes, the only sensible one was the guy at the Bristol museum.

detecting_deano

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 10:19 pm »
My thoughts exactly a load of rubbish they haven't even done their homework as usual knocked up in five minutes to fill the schedule

Cavelierchappy

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 10:32 pm »
Apart from these guys being on private land, there was no evidence to prove that they removed any object from the ground (at least from what the BBC decided to show us).  So trespass they committed but trespass and the issue of trespass ends when they removed themselves from the land.  No crime was committed! That is my take on it anyway!

Redfoot

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 10:35 pm »
Well names please lets name and shame them whether they are British or not, Night hawkers are scum who are dragging us all in to the public glare and not in a positive way, they continue to grab the headlines and it is the headlines that lead to knee jerk reactions from the establishment like BANNING DETECTING, make no excuses these scum are just the tip of a very big iceberg, the authorities have already created Heritage Crime what's to say what they are working on behind closed doors? The Establishment do not like us we have no friends at court, we do not have stewardship schemes throwing thousands of pounds at Farmers & Landowners to get them to allow detecting, We need to make ourselves heard in the right manner to the right people we are not criminals most are ordinary law abiding individuals who come from all walks of life, again it is criminals seeing an easy buck who are ruining the genuine hobby enjoyed by the masses, lets see these thieves prosecuted and in jail in a mass of publicity and also those who profit by buying all these unregistered coins and artefacts, if you banned them off ebay and facebook then targeted auction houses it would send a message to all sides that they are all part of the problem and will be punished for the part they play in it, if there's no demand then the need to supply will dry up

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 11:47 pm »
My thoughts exactly a load of rubbish they haven't even done their homework as usual knocked up in five minutes to fill the schedule

My thoughts exactly deano. What a load of cr@p
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2015, 07:23 am »
They should come to one of my sites, they will get their evidence then, I can even tell them where the gang leader lives.

I agree it should be dealt with by the law, but making TV programs almost encourage people to the danger.
Any land owner watching that will judge us differently from now on.

impos1

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 08:19 am »
Good idea Gary . Why don't you try contacting them and get them to come and see you . This way we can put things straight and put over your side.

XP Deus
Makro Racer
Whites v3i
Whites MX5

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2015, 08:35 am »
Any land owner watching that will judge us differently from now on.

Exactly that mate.

It was quite evident that he used his TV connections to make this program full of mistakes.  I like the way he walked to a slightly disturbed bit of soil and tried to convince the audience that history had been taken from us for ever. The farmer was not so sure as im sure he was thinking badger/ fox or even a kill site.

The thing is you can make this sort of programe about so many topics as there are wrong doers every where. I do think it wrong to use TV to target a hobby carried out by law abiding people.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

Ringmoney

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 08:38 am »
The positive I got from was the Detective saying that banning detecting would just drive detecting under ground. We have being trying to tell the authorities over here for that for years but they will have none of it.

Maxi21

• No gold yet, except a -
  • Gold Membership
  • Using Deus, 9" & 13" coils
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 09:40 am »
Unfortunately sensationalist media is what we have to live with nowadays, its easier to appeal to the masses to run with screaming headline type broadcasting, than a well researched and balanced programme  >:(
Nick

Treat everything & everyone with the respect they deserve.

Fdee

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2015, 10:07 am »
What a load of rubbish.seems to have been play acted for t.v.i don't think it would have put many nitehawkers off.

huggybbear

• Gold members
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 10:10 am »
This thing is scewed against the detectorist, just to sensationalize the story and make watchable by non detectorist's.
And how much is claimed by these archaeologist's, because they can claim an article just like anyone else, when on a dig.

Also what gets my goat is that they would rather an item was lost or destroyed, if it meant it would be found by anyone but them.

What I mean by that is when they build houses, and they take top couple of feet of soil off the site and dumped. They would rather it was lost than a detectorist find it.

And remember the episode of Time Team where Tony Robinson scattered off cuts of  copper pipe to stop detecting.
I also agree  there are a lot more important issues in the coutryside,  such as badger baiting and people using crossbows to try and kill the animals. In particular deer which won't be killed unless the bolt goes through the heart, and will wander around for months or years with a bolt stuck in them suffering.
That's why it is illegal to use a crossbow to kill an animal.
                  John.

detecting_deano

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 10:19 am »
Every time I watch one of these programs it's the same they say it's night hawkers but there was only a little bit about responsible detecting being good ilit's just a back handed way of putting a bit of a shadow over detecting as a whole nighthawks are just there ammunition.