Author Topic: What is the differance between the GPX4500 and the 5000 models ???  (Read 3760 times)

DaveJ

Have been looking at getting a GPX this last month and the 5000 model is £4000 but the GPX4500 model is on special offer at Minelab dealers at £2500 this ofer includes the all important 11'' DD coil for the discrimination and also a 15''x12'' Mono coil for deep work,i think i am right in saying the only advantage the more expensive version offers is ultra fine timing for nugget hunting.

Rew

• Gold Membership
Re: What is the differance between the GPX4500 and the 5000 models ???
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 03:59 pm »
You really thinking of getting one. Just seen the vista warrior test on Gary's hoard at 27"s. Mate it hit it very hard.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

Filternozzle

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 04:06 pm »
For detecting in the UK there is virtually no difference between the 4500 & 5000.   The 4500 at that price is extremely good value.   Go for it.   The only soil timing that the 4500 doesn't have that is useful  (only in dry soil conditions) is Coin & Relic. The other timings the 4500 doesn't have are for hunting gold nuggets.   I have both machines.

Filternozzle

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 04:09 pm »
You really thinking of getting one. Just seen the vista warrior test on Gary's hoard at 27"s. Mate it hit it very hard.

I am interested to know if it gets the silver 6d buried at the same time on the other side of the hole at 10".

DaveJ

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 04:11 pm »

Of course i am seriously thinking about getting one,yes i have seen the Warrior test but i have 2 specific site uses for a GPX and i feel the reward to cost ratio warrants the extra expense but not the £4000 figure but when you take into account the cost of say a CTX3030 @£2000 but a GPX with one and one large coil for £500 extra on top of a 3030 then the price becomes very appealing.

The Warrior is a very good machine for the price but i think the GPX could be much more flexible especially for these 2 specific sites that i have just gained permission on.

Thanks Filternozzle for your much earlier input,and your experiance of using both these machines has been most welcome  ;) and as a result of your input a GPX will be on its way next week i hope.

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 05:24 pm »

I am interested to know if it gets the silver 6d buried at the same time on the other side of the hole at 10".

Yes I had asked the same question, but rather than a 6d, I just said silver.

@ Dave. That proberly did not come across the way it read lol.  It was more of an excitement for you " you really thinking of getting one" ;)  and you have posted now what went through my mind, he must have a site that is showing promising signs.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 09:19 pm »
I wouldn't Rick. Over priced with no UK advantage over most top end machines unless your soil is very highly mineralised.
Personally I would rather use an Explorer II or CTX 3030

detecting_deano

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 10:59 pm »
I'm still on the fence with mine it's found some things and some of those things were at good depths but heres my main problem I don't enjoy using it like I enjoy the ctx 3030. I wouldn't dream of using it all day but I really should do to get the best from it .