Author Topic: nighthawks  (Read 8769 times)

bilko

• Gold members
nighthawks
« on: October 19, 2015, 06:15 pm »
went on a club rally 4 weeks ago, 2 fields of short stubble, brilliant I thought off we go, holes all over the place, yeah that's righ t bloody night hawkers, another tenner up the suff

detecting_deano

Re: nighthawks
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 06:38 pm »
Is this the buzzword at the moment . They couldn't of found it all especially not in stubble

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 08:39 pm »
went on a club rally 4 weeks ago, 2 fields of short stubble, brilliant I thought off we go, holes all over the place, yeah that's righ t bloody night hawkers, another tenner up the suff

Very quick to point a finger.  I've known small time dig organizers to go  out and have a play before the event with close mates.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

detecting_deano

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 09:08 pm »
That would be my first thought aswell rew

Redfoot

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 11:12 pm »
The difference between hawkers and organisers having a play? usually hawkers dig holes and leave them open if it is rubbish ie not a coin or artefact then the metal is left in or nearby the hole, organisers having a dig usually fill and remove all metal

detecting_deano

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 07:07 am »
I don't even think that's correct a nighthawk wouldn't want to get caught and cover there tracks in most cases I doubt anyone would know they had been there

nailman

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 01:05 pm »

Very quick to point a finger.  I've known small time dig organizers to go  out and have a play before the event with close mates.

I agree with the above statement, regards nighthawks covering their tracks, I've seen a field that was cropped late Thursday night leavening stuble Friday morning it looked like the Somme battlefield holes everywhere.
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

samo381

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 05:57 pm »
the nighthawks on my fields leave there crap all over & never fill the holes in! the idiots even just toss the energy drink tins on the field only to be broken up and ploughed in for them to dig up again!!  f**k*ng prats >:(

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 06:06 pm »
The difference between hawkers and organisers having a play? usually hawkers dig holes and leave them open if it is rubbish ie not a coin or artefact then the metal is left in or nearby the hole, organisers having a dig usually fill and remove all metal

Exactly what I had to do on our charity dig last Sunday so insted of detecting I was filling in some laazy sods holes, even gave a pep talk at the beginning of the dig so if you cant control 14 people what hope have you got with a large group.

Redfoot

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 09:27 pm »
I don't even think that's correct a nighthawk wouldn't want to get caught and cover there tracks in most cases I doubt anyone would know they had been there

They do not want to be caught, they do not intend to return to the site in the near future and don't give a shi* about holes, it is about hitting the site quickly recovering the maximum amount of goodies and going before it gets light. they have no decency they are criminals thieves total scum

bilko

• Gold members
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 09:44 am »
not this time rew and deano, my brother and me organised the dig, the farmer said never been done before

bilko

• Gold members
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 09:49 am »
I agree with every word redfoot

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 11:16 am »
Maybe next time, arrange to meet at a local park or pub ect for a set time, then follow me leader to the field.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 11:43 am »
Maybe next time, arrange to meet at a local park or pub ect for a set time, then follow me leader to the field.

Thats good thinking and is the way that some of us have done it in the past. ;)  Jerry.

oscar6972

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 11:50 am »
I have to admit, the downside of having a site that is producing some amazing finds is my overpowering paranoia that someone is on there while I'm not! Be it at night time or in the day!

I know that the farmhouse is pretty much next to the field and the farmer is keeping an eye on things but these scumbags will risk anything to grab their bounty!

I like to think I've done as much as possible to keep the location secret, but I'm worried these cunning bar stewards will find it eventually  >:(