Author Topic: gotta say a sad farwell to my fisher  (Read 4222 times)

gc-1023

gotta say a sad farwell to my fisher
« on: October 29, 2015, 11:00 am »
Sadly my flirtation with some of the machines i drooled over as a teenage detectorist has had to come to a abrupt end .
i started collecting oldies ,like the garrett deepseeker with 5 coils and hipmount ,the 6 knob c-scope 3300adc ,arado 120b,a compass relic magnum 6 ,and finally a fisher 552D Hipmount ,which was close enough to my dream machine of the 70's the 555D hipmount .
    Then it all went pear shaped  >:(.the missus counted up my 12 machines and asked what each one did . i foolishly told her six of them were nostalgic purchases ,and thats when they got thier marching orders .
 The toltec has been given a reprieve because it can still find the goodies quite well .
but c-scope is gone ,arado ,gone,compass gone ,garrett gone  :(,and now my fisher is for sale ,and i will miss it .
such a beautiful paint/decal design that reminds me of fairground waltzers .
and  now i,m sad i didnt line them all up together for a photo .
so annoying having to sell the fisher coz its not just pretty it also working spot on which is rare i,m told.
lucky for me i havent lost any money along the way ,each has resold for roughly what i paid with shipping . And fisher is close to £50 already and only owes me £80.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
Re: gotta say a sad farwell to my fisher
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:19 am »
When you have sold all your old classics send them my way I have a load to get rid of to, also some newer machines need to go.

gc-1023

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 11:38 am »
i will have to come and have a look ,i,m still allowed machines that can hit my test pieces in garden in disc mode ;) .
i keep telling her i,m going to start a locl detecting club and need guest machines . that gets round the only one pair of hands issue. :D

paulfiscot177

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 09:05 am »
Hello Nigel again is there any chance you could message me your email please I need to talk to you about a coil ,thanks very much.