Gary's Detecting forum > General detecting talk

Looking for first metal detector

(1/6) > >>

JCB:
Hi does anyone know which would be the best model for me to get for around £200

Gary:
DeepTech vista mini is £275

JCB:
Ok thanks I'll check It out, do you know If this will be better than Garratt ace 250?

DaveJ:
The ACE 250 is the most popular starter machine on the planet,one needs to step back and think why is this so,well its reliable,its got that all important screen that 'detectorists' want,albeit they are not essential but its what folks want,they also have access to a very wide selection of after market coils.Also one very important thing is that when the detectorist want to sell the ACE250 to either upgrade or find out that detecting is not for them then they hold a very good 2nd hand price.

No other machine comes close to the sales of the Garrett Ace 250,i am not saying they are perfect as no one machine is,but for the person who is just starting out and at the sub £200 mark its a bargain.

JCB:
Thanks they do look good reliable machines and easy to use, I'm deciding either that one or someone also mentioned the teknetic eurotek pro which I found one for £250 free delivery with an 11" DD coil which also sounds like a good one and more up to date.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version