Author Topic: Battery question regarding Deus 9'' coils ???  (Read 4965 times)

DaveJ

Battery question regarding Deus 9'' coils ???
« on: November 07, 2015, 05:40 pm »
When it comes to changing the battery in a Deus 9'' coil,are they changed from the bottom of the coil ie from below or from the top in the location of the flashing light ???

Can any one help regarding this one please.

Thanks

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

DaveJ

Re: Battery question regarding Deus 9'' coils ???
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 06:00 pm »
Many thanks for the link,must admit was hoping it would come out the top,thanks again.

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 07:02 pm »
Not for the faint hearted. It looks easy enough but id rather that Regtons do it.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

garybrem

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 09:56 pm »
Dave was wondering how long did the battery last (the original), also what sort of price do regtons charge to do it.

DaveJ

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 01:45 am »
@garybrem,i should clarify that the battery is pretty new as is the Deus detector as mine came with the 5 year warranty,so i dont have a problem with batteries as such or need to replace them.But what the problem is i have is my right wrist is totally knackered due to basically it wearing out.

So what has this all to do with batteries and coils,well the answer is i am reducing the weight of a all ready lightweight detector down to as minimal weight as i can,its mounted on a carbon fibre shaft and the weight is currently i would think about just over half the weight of a Deus all ready,the last step in the weight reduction project is running it without a coil cover.It may be seen as a crazy move by most folks but that does not bother me as i dont scuff a coil all that much,but unlike other coils these Deus ones are of course expensive due to replace due to the electronics inside including of course the batteries.

So although i dont wear a coil cover out it concerned me about being able to replace the battery once the 5 years time duration is up subject of course to still being able to swing a detector with my wrist problems,hope that all makes sense ??

So i could of course simply use a harness or change swinging a detector to my left hand,how every hard i have tried it just does not happen with co-ordination and also i hate using slings/harness's.

But my plan is and its nearly on target that i am running basically the Deus as light as anything including removing the coil cover,it may seem like a crazy move but by shedding all the non essentials and running it on my own straight shaft i back to running a top flight detector in my mind all day long again without any worries as a everyday rig.I do own a T2 aswell that if need be i could run a slightly larger coil but that will only be on special occasions when i want to run deep,but i do and could use a harness for that occasion and time duration but i could not use it as a everyday detecting rig.I also mentioned that i had been looking at a GPX which we are all aware is a fairly heavy detector but it can be used with a full harness that comes with it,but the time duration that such a detector would be used would be minimal and i feel that on a few sites of mine that would require such a beast i could handle it for the short time durations suspended by the full harness,just thought i would highlight that one.

Am i or will i be able to run a Deus all day as a result of reducing the the weight as much as possible,the answer is i am about over 95% near my target weight,so basically a Deus is one of the lightest detectors on the planets as we are all aware but if you even find that causes problems with my detector swing wrist then you can see why i am going to all this weight reduction project.

When i mean it ultra feather weight and i can still swing it all day long then the task has been achieved has it not.