Author Topic: the detectorists  (Read 4771 times)

paul goswell

the detectorists
« on: December 14, 2015, 11:00 pm »
finally got round to watching the last episode and all though it was a p**s take i thought the last couple of minutes were brilliant, when lance finds the gold the look and emotion on his face was brilliant i hope one day we all have that feeling.

Sven

• Nokta Anfibio Multi, Tesoro, Compass, Mirage Pi...
    • Treasure Hunting & Vintage-Classic Metal Detectors
Re: the detectorists
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 11:57 pm »
And if I remember from the last episode in season 1 its the same spot they walked away from at the end of the show. You could see the outline of the treasure ship in the last episode. Had Lance gone over the spot again, he may have had a heart attack if he dug a deeper signal...............
Treasure Hunting & Vintage-Classic Metal Detectors
Free Downloads at my website:
  http://www.treasurelinx.com/home1.html

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 07:10 am »
Very observant Sven, it makes you think how close have we been to treasure and never known.
It's all in the lap of the gods.

oscar6972

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 08:01 am »
It's a matter of millimetres! I dug a small roman up at the weekend that was 6" away from one of my previous visits filled holes. Just shows that walking in a different direction or just a little longer on the swing can make all the difference!

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 10:02 am »
In our life times of walking across fields we have trodden on millions of pounds of valuable items.

Even with this hobby of ours and modern day detectors we have only just scratched the surface of what is lying out there.

It rather like purchasing a lottery ticket when buying a detector and the owner is in with a chance be it only a small one.

Some of us older ones have put in more hours in our lifetimes and consequently have more to show for our efforts.

To many of the newer members to our hobby your time may well come so dont lose your enthusiasm as with a little research you may one day "Dance the Dance".

Happy Xmas and full purses in 2016. ;) :)  Jerry.

OldFartPhil

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 01:05 pm »
In our life times of walking across fields we have trodden on millions of pounds of valuable items.

Even with this hobby of ours and modern day detectors we have only just scratched the surface of what is lying out there.

It rather like purchasing a lottery ticket when buying a detector and the owner is in with a chance be it only a small one.

Some of us older ones have put in more hours in our lifetimes and consequently have more to show for our efforts.

To many of the newer members to our hobby your time may well come so dont lose your enthusiasm as with a little research you may one day "Dance the Dance".

Thank you young man and Seasons Greetings to you as well :)
( Our bodies get older and wrinkly but the person inside is still young at heart ) :)

redmountduo

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 01:19 pm »

The oil man

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 06:18 pm »
Hey thanks for the heads up, set your recorders for next Wednesday at 10 bbc four  :)
I came in to the world with nothing and still have most of it left 

Deeptech Vista X  + Perseverance

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 08:43 pm »
That looks good. 23rd December I know what I'm doing. Cheers guys ;)
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 11:09 pm »
Perhaps its the curse of the CTX3030. :(

I will  now put my tin hat on.  ;D  Jerry.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 11:11 pm »
finally got round to watching the last episode and all though it was a p**s take i thought the last couple of minutes were brilliant, when lance finds the gold the look and emotion on his face was brilliant i hope one day we all have that feeling.

Some Detectorists may consider the last episode a p__s take, I don't know.  All I do know is that the series are beautiful examples of how less can be more when you want to make great television.  I simply loved it without ever considering metal detecting. And if it wasn't for the show I wouldn't be on here, I wouldn't be fascinated with the art of detecting, and I wouldn't be trying to figure out how I can free up the cash to get a machine and join in ! Canslaw here I come :-)
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 09:34 pm »

When you put it like that I won't ask the farmer for permissions, ill ask to borrow his tractor and increase my chances  :)
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

bob79

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 10:16 pm »
Check out the programme before it.