Author Topic: Sorex vs drain cover  (Read 2330 times)

tig2

Sorex vs drain cover
« on: December 18, 2015, 04:51 pm »
Yesterday the lovely lady owner of my permission gave me a call to see if I could locate a drain cover in her garden, she had a serious blockage going on. Of course I agreed. The problem was the drain cover had been paved over and she had only a vague idea where it was.
This was a job for the sorex with 6" round coil. Dropped the gain and sensitivity to minimum and located it within 30 seconds but it seemed to be giving a signal across a few slabs. Removed the mortar on one slab so I could lift it, only to find it necessary to remove a further three to fully uncover it. (It was nowhere near where the plans indicated it to be). Scrapped away the sand to fully expose it. At this point her plumber turned up to deal with the blockage. Handed him my crowbar and retreated to a safe distance. It was pungent aroma to say the least and almost to the top with *hit!  A few goes with the rod soon sorted it and probably killed the red kite soaring above!.
She was most pleased, and even more pleased that I had turned up with a flowerpot full of coins, buttons and artifacts along with four archery arrows recovered from her field.
Just hoping now she might give me another year in her field.

samo381

Re: Sorex vs drain cover
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 05:13 pm »
well done mate a good deed done & hopefully some more permission  :)

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
Re: Sorex vs drain cover
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 05:32 pm »
Good call.mate its always good to help someone.