Author Topic: C Scope ??  (Read 3143 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
C Scope ??
« on: January 05, 2016, 01:07 am »
Ok so I thought I had funds for a cash bargain but recent home crisis means I have to go finance package. Been "digging around" and found some good comments on C Scope and in particular the CS6MXi with the new straight shaft.  Does anyone know how this measures up to other machines in the 300-450 bracket ?
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

oscar6972

Re: C Scope ??
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 09:03 am »
Very good machines Keith, and I like the look of them with the new straight shaft too. There's a lad on youtube called "addicted to bleeps" and he uses one with great success. As to a better machine for the money, £300-£450 gets you a lot of machine in the second hand market these days so it may be worth having a look at some second hand machine dealers to see what they have on offer.

Where are you detecting is it land or beach or a bit of both??

oscar6972

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 10:19 am »
Just seen a previous thread where you say that you will be mostly doing inland. For £400 I've seen a few 2nd hand AKA sorex Pro's available, that may be one to bear in mind when you are looking. Lightweight, powerful and with a choice of coils in different frequencies and multi frequency coils could be just what you are looking for.

peasant59

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 11:41 am »
i have had one for just over two years that i purchased secondhand, i have not had experience of the straight shaft but am more than happy with the "old" shaft and would want the control box forward of my hand so that i can pinpoint easily, perhaps just a personal preference. As for the performance of the machine i get on extremely well with it (i only use inland) and think it is very underated. simple to use, deep, excellent at finding hammered coins, cscope after sales service is excellent and it is british. i have other detectors but use the cscope mainly. (my other two foriegn detectors are both away being repaired, which is o.k things can go wrong. people think other companies after sales service is great but it annoyed me having to pay big postage for a warranty claim on a known fault)
          i would have no hesitation in recommending the cscope but also realise with detectors it can be a personal preference......... otherwise we would all have the same machine!

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 08:57 pm »
Yes I get the feeling C Scope are underrated.  I have just seen a cheap EuroAce that comes with a NEL Tornado coil but I have no idea just how much difference that makes?? 
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

phillld

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 12:09 pm »
The Cscope 6MXI is a really nice machine.
I have the first version with the bent shaft. I have relocated the control box to the back top of the shaft though. It certainly feels better balanced now.

All in all a really nice machine. Just need to get out more now I have moved to Hythe Kent.

Phil