Author Topic: So my Deus Lite arrived today and......  (Read 4370 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
So my Deus Lite arrived today and......
« on: January 21, 2016, 12:57 am »
With a charge in the coil and the WS4 earphone, I raced to the garden to bury things and have a swing.   Swing swing beep, I dug a good hole and as I took my first blind steps I couldn't work out why every clump of earth whipped above the coil made a great noise but ended up empty.  After much head scratching and frustration I laughed my head off when I realised the coil was reading my wristwatch.

What a plonker  :)

WS4 control has oodles of features though and will be plenty for me for a good long while until I get the hang of the machine. One thing I did get working was Deus fast and target separation.  I dropped a silver bracelet and two coins close together and swung at speed.  The U-tube videos don't prepare you for the amazing reality of the response from that tiny ear disc. Simply incredible to hear it separate and give separate tones for things so close together.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Maxi21

• No gold yet, except a -
  • Gold Membership
  • Using Deus, 9" & 13" coils
Re: So my Deus Lite arrived today and......
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 07:36 am »
Excellent news! Don't worry we have all been there with the wristwatch / wedding ring all part of the learning curve.

Plenty of fun to have with the Deus!
Nick

Treat everything & everyone with the respect they deserve.

dexters shed

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 10:21 am »
I too did the wedding ring, then the following time, steel capped safety boots, lol

oscar6972

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 11:10 am »
With a charge in the coil and the WS4 earphone, I raced to the garden to bury things and have a swing.   Swing swing beep, I dug a good hole and as I took my first blind steps I couldn't work out why every clump of earth whipped above the coil made a great noise but ended up empty.  After much head scratching and frustration I laughed my head off when I realised the coil was reading my wristwatch.

What a plonker  :)

WS4 control has oodles of features though and will be plenty for me for a good long while until I get the hang of the machine. One thing I did get working was Deus fast and target separation.  I dropped a silver bracelet and two coins close together and swung at speed.  The U-tube videos don't prepare you for the amazing reality of the response from that tiny ear disc. Simply incredible to hear it separate and give separate tones for things so close together.

Perfect excuse to buy the remote now mate, it's got a clock on it so you don't need to wear a watch  :D

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 03:10 pm »
I'll start saving the pennies Oscar ! 
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....