Author Topic: Whites V3i on UK Beaches  (Read 5317 times)

SO8

Whites V3i on UK Beaches
« on: February 06, 2016, 08:55 am »
1st post !  I use an Explorer II but am drawn to looking at a V3i for UK beach use.

Anyone used one on a UK beach ?  Any good ?

I have used an MXT and DFX on the beach but they didn't go much more than 5" down if I was lucky. 

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
Re: Whites V3i on UK Beaches
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 09:58 am »
I have used my V3i a couple of times on the beach and it is certainly deep and stable :)
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

impos1

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 10:13 am »
Many more than a couple of times and is very stable. A good detector .
XP Deus
Makro Racer
Whites v3i
Whites MX5

SO8

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 02:18 pm »
Thanks people  :)

Better or equal to an Explorer II ?

gonzo

• Gold members
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 09:52 pm »
You won't better an explorer with much on the beach to be honest.......i think you will be disappointed if you think a v3 will do better at the beach for you.You would be better keeping the explorer and getting a pi machine as well so you have covered every beach detecting scenario.
The only thing I would say about minelabs is they don't hit on very small gold all that well.......but for what such things are worth,that is'nt too much of a downside.

Nuke em

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 11:00 pm »
The V3i is not a patch on the Explorer on the beach , i know , i use the Explorer . I used a V3 when they first came out but i found it not much better than all the other machines people say are good but aren't . Beaches are a very different ball game to land and unfortunately there is not many decent machines out there for the salt wet beach . Most will do the dry but wet beaches need a certain thing and even if Minelab seems to be having issues at the moment , nothing beats them on the beach . PI are different and i haven't counted them on purpose.

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 08:57 am »
The V3i is not a patch on the Explorer on the beach , i know , i use the Explorer . I used a V3 when they first came out but i found it not much better than all the other machines people say are good but aren't . Beaches are a very different ball game to land and unfortunately there is not many decent machines out there for the salt wet beach . Most will do the dry but wet beaches need a certain thing and even if Minelab seems to be having issues at the moment , nothing beats them on the beach . PI are different and i haven't counted them on purpose.

I would say the V3i is deeper than the Explorer when setup correctly, the V3i is a different beast to the V3.

gonzo

• Gold members
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 09:18 am »
There's only one thing for it..........fight.
Joking aside it would be great to get all the so called best beach detectors actually down on the beach and do a proper comparison.You hear that many different stories to which detector is the best from different people that it would be good to know once and for all by doing a real world test actually on the beach on targets that are actually buried at certain depths.
It is taken for granted these days that minelabs rule the roost on the beach with their multi frequency detectors but maybe someone like 13oots2 and others that use the v3i can set their machines up to beat the minelabs.
Such a real world test would be great for people like SO8 who are looking for "real world" answers to their questions so come on boy's,detectors at dawn.......arrange a place and go for it.
When you have finished i'll come and wupp your beach detecting butts with my BHID and show you what you've been missing out on all these years lol.
Joking aside though it would be good if we could get a definitive answer once and for all......how hard can it be.

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 09:35 am »
There's only one thing for it..........fight.
Joking aside it would be great to get all the so called best beach detectors actually down on the beach and do a proper comparison.You hear that many different stories to which detector is the best from different people that it would be good to know once and for all by doing a real world test actually on the beach on targets that are actually buried at certain depths.
It is taken for granted these days that minelabs rule the roost on the beach with their multi frequency detectors but maybe someone like Nuke Em and others that use the v3i can set their machines up to beat the minelabs.
Such a real world test would be great for people like SO8 who are looking for "real world" answers to their questions so come on boy's,detectors at dawn.......arrange a place and go for it.
When you have finished i'll come and wupp your beach detecting butts with my BHID and show you what you've been missing out on all these years lol.
Joking aside though it would be good if we could get a definitive answer once and for all......how hard can it be.

I don't fight in the conventional fashion, I just use my immense bulk to sit on peoples heads who disagree with me :D

One of the reasons my V3i beats the Explorer II is I use a 12"x15" SEF which gets me silly depths in the wet, even so the standard 10" DD is still a good deep coil.

gonzo

• Gold members
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 09:44 am »
You win.....the v3i is definately the best. :)

Ringmoney

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 10:43 am »
One of the reasons my V3i beats the Explorer II is I use a 12"x15" SEF which gets me silly depths in the wet, even so the standard 10" DD is still a good deep coil.

Yes, but you can always put a 12"x15" on an Explorer as well. Even better put one on a Sovereign.

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 11:43 am »

Yes, but you can always put a 12"x15" on an Explorer as well. Even better put one on a Sovereign.

I haven't got a Sovereign so can't offer any comparison  there.

Nuke em

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 03:42 pm »

I haven't got a Sovereign so can't offer any comparison  there.

Most machines like the Explorer / E.Trac / CTX / V3- V3i and even the Deus with a 11 inch coil will be about the same depths with differences usually on some small targets of certain metals . Silver i think the FBS , Gold maybe the Deus and then the V3i . Still think the ET/Explorer are the deepest and that is because the tones are very accurate even at depth and the numbers are more accurate to a deeper depth. On the salt wet no conventional machine will beat the FBS for stability , but then if you use an unstable machine which chatters all the time it doesn't mean its not picking the target up , it means that you wont know for sure if you are because of the chatter.
One thing to remember is that when in a detector Fight fight fight , you must have comparable coil sizes and know the settings that are the right ones for the place .
Now then dont know who said they sit on heads ? just be gentle and dont fart :)