Author Topic: Pinpointers. The good the bad and the ugly. Your thoughts please.  (Read 11042 times)

Willy muffit

Re: Pinpointers. The good the bad and the ugly. Your thoughts please.
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 02:02 pm »
Thanks people.  I have a small area of land where I can practice your guidance, and I will !

Just popped online to Regton and purchased a bleeping carrot.
hope you remembered your Forum discount ?
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 03:25 pm »
Oh fudge !!
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

gc-1023

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 04:03 pm »
just had two hours with the makro ,and it only falsed twice ;D .so looks like dust between probe and cover could be a issue to watch out for .

wiedergaenger

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 10:58 pm »
just some defense for the Whites Bullseye II , its a decent pinpointer , for a good price,got mine for 50€  new.

its just not very durable ... after 15 months now its falling apart slowly - i should not have used it for digging ;)

beside that its a very sensitive pinpointer, thanks to 36khz search frequency ....

i own also a 100% fake Garret Pro Pointer .... 25 USD incl. shipping from hongkong , its working but strange - its a motion pinpointer ;) and not that sensitive as the whites ...

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 12:26 am »
just some defense for the Whites Bullseye II , its a decent pinpointer , for a good price,got mine for 50€  new.

its just not very durable ... after 15 months now its falling apart slowly - i should not have used it for digging ;)

beside that its a very sensitive pinpointer, thanks to 36khz search frequency ....

i own also a 100% fake Garret Pro Pointer .... 25 USD incl. shipping from hongkong , its working but strange - its a motion pinpointer ;) and not that sensitive as the whites ...

Well they are still selling them so they can't be that bad.

mariothemoss

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 08:52 am »
whites trx me expensive but  into third year never missed a beat, very sensitive but tip only not the whole shaft, insulation tape round speaker hole and I reckon its almost water proof.

Fez

• Gold members
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 11:50 am »
Hi Keith 67, having only had the Nokta pointer maybe not the best to give advice but I think the Nokta is a great bit of kit, waterproof up to 1 meter depth.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 11:55 am »
Hi Keith 67, having only had the Nokta pointer maybe not the best to give advice but I think the Nokta is a great bit of kit, waterproof up to 1 meter depth.

Looking at all the comments I maybe should have started simple with a Bullseye II or possibly Nokta.  It seems they all get it done to be honest. I plumped for the Garret Carrot and will have to soak up the expense. Now fingers crossed we ave a dig this weekend so I can try it out  :)

oscar6972

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 12:11 pm »

Looking at all the comments I maybe should have started simple with a Bullseye II or possibly Nokta.  It seems they all get it done to be honest. I plumped for the Garret Carrot and will have to soak up the expense. Now fingers crossed we ave a dig this weekend so I can try it out  :)

You've done the right thing with the carrot mate! the whites bullseye is ok, but not waterproof which to me is paramount on a pointer these days.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 05:15 pm »

You've done the right thing with the carrot mate! the whites bullseye is ok, but not waterproof which to me is paramount on a pointer these days.

You have a good point , it has been known to rain in the UK !!

highlander

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 09:10 pm »
Hi Keith, I ended up getting my Deus yesterday and decided i couldnt live without a pinpointer too  ::)
Before getting my Deus i had decided i wanted a carrot too but ended up deciding on a Nokta after watching hours of youtube and reading dozens of pages about pinpointers.
It should be here tomorrow and guess what? i forgot my discount too  :( but at least i'm £45 better off.
I'll let you know how i get on with mine. Had money not been an issue i would have bought the carrot but this Nokta has great reviews and comes with a lot of kit (pointer, hardcase with carrying strap, holster, two nose covers, finds bag and a battery) it's waterproof to 1m, has a small led light (which you can switch off if you want) and has the same auto shut off and find me beeper just like the Garrett carrot.
Garry

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2016, 06:30 pm »
Hi Keith, I ended up getting my Deus yesterday and decided i couldnt live without a pinpointer too  ::)
Before getting my Deus i had decided i wanted a carrot too but ended up deciding on a Nokta after watching hours of youtube and reading dozens of pages about pinpointers.
It should be here tomorrow and guess what? i forgot my discount too  :( but at least i'm £45 better off.
I'll let you know how i get on with mine. Had money not been an issue i would have bought the carrot but this Nokta has great reviews and comes with a lot of kit (pointer, hardcase with carrying strap, holster, two nose covers, finds bag and a battery) it's waterproof to 1m, has a small led light (which you can switch off if you want) and has the same auto shut off and find me beeper just like the Garrett carrot.
Garry

I'm sure you won't regret your choice, as Gary said at the start they all get the job done.  My only consolation for getting the expensive one is that my favourite colour is orange lol

highlander

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2016, 12:29 am »
 ;D I used mine for a while today Keith and just realised that i would have been so much longer finding the target without it.
I'm realising that i might as well hammer the credit card and get what i need now rather than wait a while and wish i'd just got it in the first place.
Sand scoop next. ::)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2016, 07:47 pm »
;D I used mine for a while today Keith and just realised that i would have been so much longer finding the target without it.
I'm realising that i might as well hammer the credit card and get what i need now rather than wait a while and wish i'd just got it in the first place.
Sand scoop next. ::)

Yeah to be honest mate I think there are some things you can't live without in this game, especially as a beginner.  I have heard that pinpointers are not so imperative on ploughed but make the big difference on pasture and solid clay types of soil.   

highlander

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 06:06 pm »
Yeah i know, i used mine in a deepish hole that had about an inch of water at the bottom, thanks to the pointer i found the target in the side wall and didnt need to get my hands wet.  ;D