Author Topic: Pinpointers. The good the bad and the ugly. Your thoughts please.  (Read 11071 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Re: Pinpointers. The good the bad and the ugly. Your thoughts please.
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2016, 12:18 am »
Yeah i know, i used mine in a deepish hole that had about an inch of water at the bottom, thanks to the pointer i found the target in the side wall and didnt need to get my hands wet.  ;D

My carrot started playing up, but the supplied battery was naff and it seems okay now I have replaced it. Oscar 6972 tipped me off about the dodgy batteries.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2016, 02:10 pm »
Of all the probes I've seen & used over the years The original black Pro-pointer Garrett was the best, many other manufacturers have jumped onto the bandwagon, all claiming to be better in some way, the carrot came out & indeed they had done it again, It has strong vibrate, excellent depth if needed, very well made, been very reliable, waterproof, most of the others have some of these traits but not all together.

dexters shed

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2016, 04:52 pm »
I received my xpointer today, never had a garrett carrot so can't compare the two, but just getting it out of the box and I'm Impressed with the build quality, some people have commented they can't hear me talking on the clip, others say it's fine, so I suppose it's down to what you watch it on

https://youtu.be/ZykmXCoXo6A