Author Topic: Deus questions please  (Read 3102 times)

Fez

• Gold members
Deus questions please
« on: March 17, 2016, 07:24 pm »
Tried simple test before I started detecting with a few coins ok , but 1 new 10pence did not register on any program but did register with my pinpointer . Started with program 1 to get used to new sounds is the constant very low pinging normal (it's not a problem to my ears. ).

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Re: Deus questions please
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 08:43 pm »
Not sure what you mean by constant low pinging.  You get little bips and tiny spits from odd bits of minerals and small iron stuff, but as a beginner I can't offer much.  If there is constant chatter and tiny spits I think you may need to reduce sensitivity if you don't like it.

You will get little spits which is normal, I like to think of it as the Deus sniffing like a hound dog, I like it cos I know the machine is working hard. If your testing targets then you know what it's like when you hit a target.

Watch Gary's videos over and over, they teach you more than words can say.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

lobo

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 08:48 pm »
Nothing to worry about Fez. The new 10p coin is so corrupt with ferrous your machine has discriminated it out. The probe has zero discrimination hence why it sees it.
If you have any pre- decimal silver, try one of those. Better still, find a mate who has a hammered coin for you to try, believe me it will sound off.

The pinging sounds like you may have either too much sensitivity or you are over a contaminated (bits of iron) area.

Happy Hunting.

Fez

• Gold members
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 09:28 pm »
Cheers Keith, your spot on with your comments  I discribed wrong  ;). Thanks Lobo I understand that . as far has the hammered bit goes don't know who has one , I might be waiting years to find one  :( I'll have to buy one , cheers  ;)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 09:30 pm »
Nothing to worry about Fez. The new 10p coin is so corrupt with ferrous your machine has discriminated it out. The probe has zero discrimination hence why it sees it.
If you have any pre- decimal silver, try one of those. Better still, find a mate who has a hammered coin for you to try, believe me it will sound off.

The pinging sounds like you may have either too much sensitivity or you are over a contaminated (bits of iron) area.

Happy Hunting.

I had the same issue with 10ps when I got my Lite, but I didn't know the answer even though I realised the machine was fine.  You have taught me something tonight Lobo I never realised that was the reason.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....