Author Topic: Deus hot program  (Read 3785 times)

Fessey1983

Deus hot program
« on: April 17, 2016, 07:37 pm »
Hi all, I installed the hot program today and went out for an hour, I have got to say that it's brilliant! Really enjoyed my time out and took no notice of the numbers on my control box. I dug all the good sounding signals and was amazed at how little trash I dug. Really pleased.

cyprio42

Re: Deus hot program
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 07:45 pm »
Yep agree with you there, I've tried them all but I always end up using this program. Winkled out another 2 hammys today with it ;)

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 08:08 pm »
Well done, great feedback thanks.

Devonlad

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 08:52 pm »
Very interesting – I have never used the hot programme as like many I started of using a pre-set 2 and slowly over the months tweaked it to suit the deep clean pasture that I search.  After two years I am happy that my Deus is now set for me to get the most depth and the tones are set to my personal preference.

Then last week the landowner let drop that he had a forty-acre field of ploughed rolled flat stubble if I wanted it.  On site last Sunday, and to be honest over whelmed as to where to begin.  There are no features that jump out other then two springs, so I began in this area with my normal programme, it was however, far too sparky which made it difficult to distinguish the fainter deeper tones.

Time to have a think and a tug on my e-cig, what changes should I make?  Time to go hot was my conclusion although I knew the sounds would be completely different to the tones my brain is now finely tuned to.

Off on a walk looking for the iron and I fluked it, locating an area within fifteen minutes of searching.  Now I know what the fuss is about, it cut through the iron enabling me to make the non-ferrous finds and establish a sort of audio map in my head.

I  now have the confidence, (should it be pasture or ploughed) I have the programmes just right for me and the land I search.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 10:29 pm »
Very interesting – I have never used the hot programme as like many I started of using a pre-set 2 and slowly over the months tweaked it to suit the deep clean pasture that I search.  After two years I am happy that my Deus is now set for me to get the most depth and the tones are set to my personal preference.

Then last week the landowner let drop that he had a forty-acre field of ploughed rolled flat stubble if I wanted it.  On site last Sunday, and to be honest over whelmed as to where to begin.  There are no features that jump out other then two springs, so I began in this area with my normal programme, it was however, far too sparky which made it difficult to distinguish the fainter deeper tones.

Time to have a think and a tug on my e-cig, what changes should I make?  Time to go hot was my conclusion although I knew the sounds would be completely different to the tones my brain is now finely tuned to.

Off on a walk looking for the iron and I fluked it, locating an area within fifteen minutes of searching.  Now I know what the fuss is about, it cut through the iron enabling me to make the non-ferrous finds and establish a sort of audio map in my head.

I  now have the confidence, (should it be pasture or ploughed) I have the programmes just right for me and the land I search.

Interesting post mate.  Deus hot on plough is an absolute pleasure, and just wait until your on rough plough.  Having a super light wireless turbo charged sniffer dog is hard to beat on the tricky soil.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

GP27

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 08:53 pm »
Hi, im pretty new on the Deus, been using Deus Fast standard settings, this weekend I was out on a fresh done field and I mean fresh the farmer was power harrowing it as we arrived, I started on fast and decided to try Hot did find it pretty eratic in places so switched to Hot5 that I found better for my ears but was unsure if I was missing anything good so went back to Hot, I did find a small half hammy and a great detailed Roman, so on the whole I found fast pretty sensitive a bit eratic on noise but sure with use ill hopefully filter out the good sounds.

oscar6972

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 09:02 pm »
Hi, im pretty new on the Deus, been using Deus Fast standard settings, this weekend I was out on a fresh done field and I mean fresh the farmer was power harrowing it as we arrived, I started on fast and decided to try Hot did find it pretty eratic in places so switched to Hot5 that I found better for my ears but was unsure if I was missing anything good so went back to Hot, I did find a small half hammy and a great detailed Roman, so on the whole I found fast pretty sensitive a bit eratic on noise but sure with use ill hopefully filter out the good sounds.

Hi GP27, I have been in the same situation as you in recent weeks with respects to the freshly rolled soil. I have been using Hot but with disc put up to 1 just to cancel out the fresh mineralisation that's been kicked up. But I guarantee you won't miss much with disc at 1.

GP27

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 10:18 pm »
Hi oscaar6972, iv not tried hot with disc 1 ill give it a go, where I was had a lot of coke on and just under the surface disc 5 made it a lot quieter but as I said not sure if it would take out the small hammys on 5, ill have a go using 1 and see how I grt on, thanks for your feedback its much appreciated, you been detecting for long?

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 10:32 pm »
Hi oscaar6972, iv not tried hot with disc 1 ill give it a go, where I was had a lot of coke on and just under the surface disc 5 made it a lot quieter but as I said not sure if it would take out the small hammys on 5, ill have a go using 1 and see how I grt on, thanks for your feedback its much appreciated, you been detecting for long?

Open disc or disc 1 does give you a lot of noise, and it will take time to get used to it, but it's worth the time and effort and after a few hunts your ears get tuned into it.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

oscar6972

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 10:38 pm »

You're welcome mate, not been at it too long, 4 years now but have been blessed with some very good permissions and had some lovely finds. Been using the Deus for a year now and loving the machine and learn something new about it every time I pick it up.

Coke is a problem, but keep listening and you will get used to the "squelch" tone as I call it that it gives off.