Author Topic: Weather  (Read 2706 times)

malc

Weather
« on: April 24, 2016, 01:19 pm »
Looking on utube at some guy on a beautiful sandy beach in Florida digging up rings and coins. Then look out of my study window at the windy rainy day with temperatures just above zero and think OH RATS!!!!! O to be in England now that spring is here!!!

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
Re: Weather
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 01:59 pm »
April showers and all that :( I for one would hate to detect in the US, I love the history here that goes back thousands of years for metal artifacts, swings and roundabouts I guess.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

The oil man

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 04:55 pm »
Yeh and no snakes, gators or trumps  ???
I came in to the world with nothing and still have most of it left 

Deeptech Vista X  + Perseverance

oscar6972

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 06:39 pm »
I may be a bit of a glutton for punishment as I don't mind going out detecting in the rain! As long as I've got my military waterproofs on and my Deus remote in its waterproof case I'm happy!

Give me rain and the chance to find 3000 year old artefacts over sunshine any day!

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 11:02 pm »
I may be a bit of a glutton for punishment as I don't mind going out detecting in the rain! As long as I've got my military waterproofs on and my Deus remote in its waterproof case I'm happy!

Give me rain and the chance to find 3000 year old artefacts over sunshine any day!

Yeah I wouldn't swap it, staring at a silver sovereign that I found, and thinking "this is nearly 500 years old" is unbeatable.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 12:13 am »
April showers and all that :( I for one would hate to detect in the US, I love the history here that goes back thousands of years for metal artifacts, swings and roundabouts I guess.
Not even Florida and the chance to find some Spanish ship wrecked gold.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

Cornholio

• Gold members
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 02:43 pm »
Detecting in Florida is what got me hooked into this bloody hobby (obsession/way of life)! Fantastic, but a world away from muddy fields and cold rain. I think I'd be happy with 3 months there, and 9 here per year.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 02:44 pm »
Detecting in Florida is what got me hooked into this bloody hobby (obsession/way of life)! Fantastic, but a world away from muddy fields and cold rain. I think I'd be happy with 3 months there, and 9 here per year.

ok I confess that sounds good.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....