Author Topic: $ Symbols on Fisher models  (Read 3104 times)

matt

$ Symbols on Fisher models
« on: May 03, 2016, 06:52 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm new to detecting and my research has lead me to really like the look of the Fisher models. One thing I've noticed is the dollar and cent symbols on the display. Being in the UK is this such a big deal or not?

Matt

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
Re: $ Symbols on Fisher models
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 07:02 pm »
Hi Matt, nothing to worry about my White's V3i also has American symbols, it will still find the goods except for some of our modern coinage that have iron cores 1p 2p 5p and 10p have the iron cores. I can tell by tone the majority of the iron cored coins, they tend to give a mixed signal. Try practicing with a few UK coins and use a magnet to find the iron based coins :)
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 08:11 pm »
Well Fisher have certainly been around a long time, what do you like about them?

Welcome to the best place for detector advice bar none.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

matt

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 08:58 pm »
Thank for the info!  :)

I'm basing my choice on a few YouTube reviews I've seen, mind you come to think of it, they were American, so it might not apply to the UK as much, you know, different soil types etc.

FindersKeepers

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 06:47 am »
Hello Matt

As said the display format is not really an issue but when you have made your choice just make sure you buy from a reputable source as in all walks of life where something is expensive and poplar there are fakes and copies

Kevin

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 08:21 am »
European detectorists have been dealing with US currency icons for years, at first it can be a little annoying but after a while you don't even notice it, make sure you never ignore a target if it reads ring pull or foil.
G

needlegun

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 09:05 am »
Hello Matt

As said the display format is not really an issue but when you have made your choice just make sure you buy from a reputable source as in all walks of life where something is expensive and poplar there are fakes and copies

Kevin

Some very good ones :-)
Fs2 gf2 :-)