Author Topic: Which detector to go for?! Decisions decisions...  (Read 9505 times)

nailman

Re: Which detector to go for?! Decisions decisions...
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2016, 07:23 pm »
My choice would be the Tesro, I have a Laser scout  brilliant little detector same company love it
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Sharkeysend

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2016, 09:19 pm »
One question I have about the Tesoro, does anyone know if the lifetime guarantee still applies in the UK?

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2016, 10:12 pm »
One question I have about the Tesoro, does anyone know if the lifetime guarantee still applies in the UK?

No idea but any machines with lifetime guarantees says a lot about the build quality. Don't think you get that with any other?
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Sharkeysend

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2016, 11:58 pm »
There`s a Tesoro bandido 2 ,with headphones included on E bay at the moment ,on £72 with 2 days to go >> Item No. 262480705270

Hehe, now you've thrown me a curve ball! What's a Bandido 2 like? Similar to the Compadre? Better? Not as good?  :-\

shooter

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2016, 04:07 pm »
Dig all signals with no meter number.  If it's two way, without a digital valuation, it could still be a good target.

Peter

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2016, 06:24 pm »
There`s a Tesoro bandido 2 ,with headphones included on E bay at the moment ,on £72 with 2 days to go >> Item No. 262480705270

Hehe, now you've thrown me a curve ball! What's a Bandido 2 like? Similar to the Compadre? Better? Not as good?  :-\
I`d say A tad better ,as it has a Manual Ground Balance .you can also fit a 12"x10" Widescan coil in the  5-pin uMax which this model is. its on £165 now but anything up to £200 will be a decent buying price for it.
Lifetime guarantee still aplies in the Uk ,I`m pretty sure.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2016, 07:14 pm »
How old are these Peter?  The seller regards it as vintage !  I guess that's going a bit far?

Sharkeysend

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2016, 08:27 pm »

I`d say A tad better ,as it has a Manual Ground Balance .you can also fit a 12"x10" Widescan coil in the  5-pin uMax which this model is. its on £165 now but anything up to £200 will be a decent buying price for it.

Missed it so think it's going to have to be a Compadre when I find the right deal, unless something else comes up on ebay.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 12:09 am »

Missed it so think it's going to have to be a Compadre when I find the right deal, unless something else comes up on ebay.

Where do you live mate?

shooter

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 02:53 pm »
The audio circuit can be deeper than the meter circuit.  As Gary says, up to 15% deeper.  Always trust the audio over the meter.

Willy muffit

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 04:39 pm »
I have heard of several people that have arrived on a dig only to find they left the Deus control box at home or even have lost it
ALL  say they seemed to find a lot more

nuff said ?
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2016, 06:36 pm »
I have heard of several people that have arrived on a dig only to find they left the Deus control box at home or even have lost it
ALL  say they seemed to find a lot more

nuff said ?

I was speaking to Nigel at Regtons when I was deciding on my first machine.  He said he often uses the remote to set up the program he wants to run then leaves it in the car.

Peter

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2016, 07:37 pm »
The audio circuit can be deeper than the meter circuit.  As Gary says, up to 15% deeper.  Always trust the audio over the meter.
To my knowledge ,Up to a certain depth  the meter shows you the Discrimination value digit readout ie, your numbers. Once you reach past the discrims limit ,your out of Discrimination territory & into All metal territory ,which the Discrim can`t go as deep as, hence you lose the Digital readout numbers , and get Audio signal sound only . Thats why sometimes you might get a "good" audio target signal without any Digital readout appearing, then you know the targets  probably going to be at depth ,and then its up to your ears to decide.
I assume this is relevant to the Deus too.

Sharkeysend

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2016, 09:00 pm »

Where do you live mate?

Near Peterborough sir.

As it turns out after seeing a post on this very forum I thought I'd check out Regtons and contacted a top chap called Nigel. He sorted me out with a lovely bit of kit and I am now the proud owner of a Tesoro Compadre - many thanks to Nigel and the good folk at Regtons for superb service and excellent value for money! Can't praise them highly enough.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2016, 09:04 pm »

Where do you live mate?

Near Peterborough sir.

As it turns out after seeing a post on this very forum I thought I'd check out Regtons and contacted a top chap called Nigel. He sorted me out with a lovely bit of kit and I am now the proud owner of a Tesoro Compadre - many thanks to Nigel and the good folk at Regtons for superb service and excellent value for money! Can't praise them highly enough.

How funny is that, I was going to recommend you take a trip to Regtons if you were near enough.  Good move mate.