Author Topic: Which detector to go for?! Decisions decisions...  (Read 9561 times)

redkite

• Gold Membership
Re: Which detector to go for?! Decisions decisions...
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2016, 09:42 pm »
Good outcome,any problems Regtons will sort it

Sharkeysend

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2016, 09:16 am »
Just need to find me some permissions now  ;)

Cheers chaps!

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2016, 04:21 pm »
I was speaking to Nigel at Regtons when I was deciding on my first machine.  He said he often uses the remote to set up the program he wants to run then leaves it in the car.
[/quote]

In the car with a brace of Doberman inside...... ;)

Sharkeysend, ah, that was you, thank you for the custom.

pinenut

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2016, 08:34 am »
As it turns out after seeing a post on this very forum I thought I'd check out Regtons and contacted a top chap called Nigel. He sorted me out with a lovely bit of kit and I am now the proud owner of a Tesoro Compadre - many thanks to Nigel and the good folk at Regtons for superb service and excellent value for money! Can't praise them highly enough.

Great choice, the Compadre. Super simple to use, but quite effective. They're well made, trouble free, and have a very good disc. circuit. When you decide you want more features, Compadre is a great backup, loaner, or easy to sell. Two of my kids use Compadres and do very well with 'em.

BTW - I think someone mentioned the Bandido II... The first Bandido II was early '90s, and was a very good unit, using the larger control box. Later '90s, Tesoro came out with the Bandido II "microMAX", which used the smaller housing, like the current Tesoros use. Those later Bandido II microMAX detectors were, and still are very popular, even though Tesoro stopped making 'em in 2001... They were then replaced by my favorite Tesoro, the Eldorado...which was itself replaced by the Vaquero in 2003.