Author Topic: New pointer  (Read 11164 times)

mr fox

• Gold members
Re: New pointer
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 05:40 pm »
I have the garrett carrot and its a great bit of kit but if your using a 13x11 deus coil it will drive machine mad when you switch pointer on

Peter

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 06:04 pm »
I have the garrett carrot and its a great bit of kit but if your using a 13x11 deus coil it will drive machine mad when you switch pointer on
I should imagine this depends on what frequency your in ?  Going by that the Carrots frequency is 11.5 kHz It could be assumed that only 12kHz frequency should possibly clash with  the detector  .Maybe changing to Deus fast 18kHz would be a better bet if you get interference from the Probe`s 11.5 kHz  ?
I have to admit since buying the Garrett Carrot I`ve not had my 13" coil on to see .

Devonlad

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 06:13 pm »
The Nokta pointer I have interferes with every frequency on the Deus and frequency shift makes not a bit of difference.
It could be a rouge one, Nigel recommended every new probe should be tested before use for compatibility before taking it out and using it in the field.

Peter

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 06:17 pm »
Well,I have no answer to that then.  ;D  ;D

nailman

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 06:26 pm »
The Nokta pointer I have interferes with every frequency on the Deus and frequency shift makes not a bit of difference.
It could be a rouge one, Nigel recommended every new probe should be tested before use for compatibility before taking it out and using it in the field.

That's a bit concerning as I am hoping to get a Deus once v4 appears
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

steevie40

• Old Fart
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 06:31 pm »
Garrett Pro pointer for me no nonsense with all the different power settings just switch on and go.
XP Deus

Mutt

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 06:38 pm »

As I said on another post my Nokta doesnt interfere with any of my detectors, I have just checked it again against all the progs and freqs on the Deus and its fine. However, I tried the GC (I have not used it with the Deus before) and it interferes with every frequency, every programme even with frequency shift, daft eh!!!

(Added @ 18.50) I should add that's on the 9" and 11" coils, with it being worse on the 11" than it is on the 9".

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2016, 06:40 pm »

That's a bit concerning as I am hoping to get a Deus once v4 appears

Id wait till xp deliver theirs. Makes sence.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2016, 06:42 pm »

As I said on another post my Nokta doesnt interfere with any of my detectors, I have just checked it again against all the progs and freqs on the Deus and its fine. However, I tried the GC (I have not used it with the Deus before) and it interferes with every frequency, every programme even with frequency shift, daft eh!!!

You have just answered my thoughts on why in Gary's videos he uses the original and not the carrot. 

oscar6972

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2016, 07:15 pm »

(Added @ 18.50) I should add that's on the 9" and 11" coils, with it being worse on the 11" than it is on the 9".

Weird as my carrot works perfectly with a frequency shift either side of standard? Strange eh? Maybe slight variants of frequency in the probes???

Mutt

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 07:40 pm »

Weird as my carrot works perfectly with a frequency shift either side of standard? Strange eh? Maybe slight variants of frequency in the probes???

I would lean towards the Probes as well

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 08:30 pm »
The carrot can interfere with mine sometimes, I think it's pot luck on the combo of pointer and machine.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

nailman

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 08:55 pm »
The carrot can interfere with mine sometimes, I think it's pot luck on the combo of pointer and machine.

I don't think I'll get another garrott mine is about 7-10 years old so I've reckoned it's given me excellent service the only time it falsed was when someone gave me a Duracell battery on a dig, back to the car put a Vitara battery in no problem when I checked the two batteries the Duracell was about a millimetre smaller, it's now in my Laser Scout.
I know people who have had problems with new ones, makes me wonder if they are being made cheap someware, strange for a established manufacturer and when you look at Regtons site, the spare parts list puts me off. I will be getting a Deus later this year so don't want something that interfere, no doubt the XP pointer will be expensive, just wish they would get on with it, they said Spring 2016 now summer
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 09:10 pm »
Now late Summer.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2016, 06:56 am »
The XP pin pointer will hopefully be the same price as the Garrett.
Out of all the choices on today's market I think the Garrett is the best.

The probe I use in my videos is often the new Garrett II it's black. Sometimes I use the carrot.
Nigel @ Regton will give more details on the 2 models, it's like the carrot but with less features and cheaper.