Author Topic: New pointer  (Read 11275 times)

Rew

• Gold Membership
Re: New pointer
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2016, 07:28 am »
Thanks for putting my thoughts right Gary.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

oscar6972

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2016, 08:46 am »
My dad, bless him, proudly announced the other day that he'd bought a pinpointer on eBay and would it be okay if he got it posted to my work.

I'd warned him about the fake garretts and to stay away from them. He then told me what he'd soon at auction for £12.50 plus postage and it's coming to work today!

I'll keep you in suspense until it arrives!!

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2016, 09:29 am »
That's really nice of him mate.

oscar6972

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2016, 10:01 am »

It's for himself mate, he's started doing a little bit of fair weather detecting with the ADX150 I gave him. He was taking ages getting the target out of the hole and wanted a probe but hasn't got much spare cash.

Anyhow, here's what he's bought bless him  :)

Peter

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2016, 10:18 am »
Hey I `ve had one of those in the past and I found it a handy little pin pointer. It worked well and I kept it for ages till I had   a Whites bullseye 11 as a present for Xmas one year. I think for the money they are fine. I`d certainly use one today if I hadn`t one of the more "in vogue" types of today or, have one in my boot as a back up .A No frills ,does what it says on the tin jobby !

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2016, 10:29 am »

It's for himself mate, he's started doing a little bit of fair weather detecting with the ADX150 I gave him. He was taking ages getting the target out of the hole and wanted a probe but hasn't got much spare cash.

My goodness, that's a museum piece, last seen around 20/25 yrs ago Arthur Sharples (manufacturer) has long passed away.

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2016, 10:50 am »
The probe I use in my videos is often the new Garrett II it's black. Sometimes I use the carrot.
Nigel @ Regton will give more details on the 2 models, it's like the carrot but with less features and cheaper.

Very simply.....

Pro-pointer II addressed the two vulnerable parts of the Mk1 probe, 1. switch is a lot larger & better construction & 2. the construction of the coil assembly is not encapsulated in resin, it's now in foam suspension, this equates to no more switches being broken off & no more falsing. Water can still get past the rubber on/off cover.

Pro Pointer AT (Carrot) has the same as above PLUS waterproof on/off cover, adjustable sensitivity (x3) & audio off modes, sensitivity level two is same as Pro-pointer I & II & on level 3 it's deeper, you can turn down sensitivity simply by pressing on/off button momentarily, lastly the colour is to aid you when you drop the probe (we all do at some point).

Back to an earlier point, ANY probe can affect ANY detector, ANY make, it's simply good or bad luck if you have the combination that doesn't interfere but remember this is only your current detector, the next one may have the problem.

What I would say is that if anyone buys a probe & subsequently find it interferes then do not use it, speak to the seller who 'should' oblige & replace (carriage would be down to individual as it's not the probe being faulty, just a miss-match so it could be blamed on detector also), just apply common sense, if you're fair with dealers they are mostly fair with you, just explain what the issue is and they should be fine.

Hope that helps.

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2016, 11:17 am »
Thanks for pointing all that out Nigel and clearing a few things up.

oscar6972

« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2016, 04:41 pm »

My goodness, that's a museum piece, last seen around 20/25 yrs ago Arthur Sharples (manufacturer) has long passed away.

That's an interesting bit of info Nigel, thanks for that  :)

nailman

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2016, 04:52 pm »
Thanks for info Nigel might just reconsider the Garrett
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Mutt

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2016, 05:10 pm »
Just as an addage, I have just tried a Pro Find 25 against the XP, the worst for interference by a long way, however, the frequency shift either way on the XP on all the frequencies made it absolutely silent, not a murmur of interference.
Great info btw Nigel and good advice too.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2016, 06:51 pm »
Just as an addage, I have just tried a Pro Find 25 against the XP, the worst for interference by a long way, however, the frequency shift either way on the XP on all the frequencies made it absolutely silent, not a murmur of interference.
Great info btw Nigel and good advice too.

Iv'e seen the same thing with frequency shift on Deus and a Garrett Carrot.  Worked a treat.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....