Author Topic: Platypus 12 x8 DD for Minelab GPX 5000  (Read 2508 times)

Malospelos

Platypus 12 x8 DD for Minelab GPX 5000
« on: July 19, 2016, 08:47 am »
Good morning friends,

I'm thinking about buying Platypus 12 x8 for Minelab GPX 5000 if anyone has tried it and if there is difference with the commander 11 ", I understand that platypus separates better if I put discrimination, but has more depth ?? another possibility is detech SEF 15 x 12 in either case, I will not look for gold, it is for relic, and hammered coins, if anyone can help me or has tried these coils ??

Thank you very much  ;) ;)

DaveJ

Re: Platypus 12 x8 DD for Minelab GPX 5000
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 03:23 am »
Cannot comment about the  Platypus coil,but i use Coiltek 14x9 Mono,Commander 15x12 mono,Detech 18'' Mono and the badboy 20'' Sierra Grande Mono all give me the depth that i require,of course what works for me may not work for others.The downside of using a large coil is although you gain the depth you then start loosing sensitivity too small individual coins.

Another bonus of using the Minelab mono coils i can also use them on my TDI Pro which does offer the high/low conductivity discrimination,unlike the GPX disc which is only good basically for the top 4-6'' and only with a DD coil,the TDI Pro setup is more effective at much greater depth rather than just say upto 6''.

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
Re: Platypus 12 x8 DD for Minelab GPX 5000
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 04:17 pm »
I don't normally advertise but.......we have Platypus for GPX in stock £134.00.