Author Topic: What detector, to hard to chose  (Read 3326 times)

truhaa

What detector, to hard to chose
« on: August 17, 2016, 10:30 pm »
Probably post nr 1298 about this, but i still try

Looking to uppgrade my detector (Garrett Euro ACE) Proobably a easy detector to upgrade from, but what to chose?

Looking at:

Garrett AT pro
XP DEUS
Fisher F75

Also looking at E-trac from Minelab or even the CTX 3030, but they seems to be some work to adjust to be at their best.

I like plug and play, as i am kinda new to this hobby (i can always upgrade once or twice more i future)

detecting_deano

Re: What detector, to hard to chose
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 11:00 pm »
Goldmax power should be on that list aswell mate very good detector

Willy muffit

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 11:21 pm »
Probably post nr 1298 about this, but i still try

Looking to uppgrade my detector (Garrett Euro ACE) Proobably a easy detector to upgrade from, but what to chose?

Looking at:

Garrett AT pro
XP DEUS
Fisher F75

Also looking at E-trac from Minelab or even the CTX 3030, but they seems to be some work to adjust to be at their best.

I like plug and play, as i am kinda new to this hobby (i can always upgrade once or twice more i future)
XP Deus would get my vote
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 11:39 pm »
From my own experience I am so happy I bought a Deus. I started without the remote.  Plug and play not a problem and you can easily learn a few changes. Had some great finds and the lightness and wireless features are very helpful (I have another machine too so I can compare) Now I have the remote, and although I haven't made any radical changes I like having it on the stick.  It's a simple machine that offers so much when your ready to grow with it. 
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 07:15 am »
 I see you are in Norway, location can sometimes be important when choosing a machine.

Devonlad

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 07:34 am »
I would say the most significant consideration for me to be able to advice would be to know what category or area you are going to use it, beach, arable, pasture, or ploughed, also do you encounter problems with iron or mineralization or will you anticipate a variation of sites?  Have you a specific target you intend to search for?

No one detector can do it all although some come close.

truhaa

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 09:11 am »
Thanks for the replyes  :)

Forgott to say im in Norway..

I use the detector in the field and in the woods, also beach, but thats not to often (salt water)

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 09:49 am »
Most folks these days end up with a XP Deus and its on your list. ;) :)  Jerry.

vint1

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 04:42 pm »
its all down to money , weight , performance . and what type of detecting you will be doing , ie , land ,beach, etc . i use 3 type , beach , sov GT , land sorex pro , alrounder nokta fors relic , take a look at the nokta range , good value , performance , and can do most types of  detecting , iam lucky to have a choice , horses for courses , only my opinion . thanks and good luck , vinny

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 09:20 pm »
its all down to money , weight , performance . and what type of detecting you will be doing , ie , land ,beach, etc . i use 3 type , beach , sov GT , land sorex pro , alrounder nokta fors relic , take a look at the nokta range , good value , performance , and can do most types of  detecting , iam lucky to have a choice , horses for courses , only my opinion . thanks and good luck , vinny

Both the Sorex Pro and the Deus have found me some very nice coins and artifacts. I'm building a nice collection with them  ;)
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....