Author Topic: BJ headphones  (Read 3427 times)

vint1

BJ headphones
« on: August 26, 2016, 04:47 pm »
I like to say a big thankyou to bill , of BJ headphones , always great service , and performance , i have had many from bill , never had a issue , still going great .. as anyone use or dealt with BJ  headphones ... i have always been very pleased ... thanks vinny

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Re: BJ headphones
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:17 pm »
Where do you find him ?
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

vint1

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 10:07 am »
hi keith , hes on EBAY . or www.bjheadphonesltd.co.uk. great headphones .. vinny

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 11:52 am »
Thanks Vinny.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

vint1

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 05:50 pm »
thats ok mt , let me know how you get on , i have used many headphones , BJ are the best i have used , and the service bill gives is second to none , lot of other companies could learn a few thing , thanks , vinny

Peter

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 11:53 am »
I`ve had a set of these in the past.
To give credit where its due,the effort was certainly put into them but, maybe in trying to make a "robust" set ,the result turned out too weighty for my liking ,well compared to some top spec headphones you can buy .
I also found the sound clarity a bit  muffled even on full volume for my hearing.
I found the set I had lacked sharpness ,even to the extent It could be described as "too quiet". I wrote and informed him.
 The Jack plugs I also found were the large metal heavy type . OK I know they look good and will probably "wear" well but !, it all adds weight onto a set of already weighty proportions.
  All in all the ones I had were indeed robustly made but, I didn`t keep them long due to the reasons I mention.

These days the best I`ve found and use myself ,are An American set  called Killer Bee Optimum  "Hornet" h/phones, with
41 position ,dual volume controls, with  " soft to the touch"  control knobs, a colour coded push button mode switch that will make them compatible with almost any detector, a colour coded push button limiter circuit.
The Push buttons are less likely to be knocked out of position when detecting around trees or bushes .
There`s a 1/4" right angled plug on the end of a durable coiled cord that is nine feet long when fully outstretched .
In the cups are two "Extra heavy duty" 150 ohm speakers .And although classed as " Full over the ear cups "  they are light on your head .

vint1

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 09:12 am »
thanks peter , you have a valid point , bj headphones now are improved , and do make lighter models , for my type of detecting , and for my hearing , they work just fine , well made , and built , not for everybodies taste i know . iam pleased with what i have and use , and for the money , i feel , well worth their cost .. i have used all other makes in the past , always had problems with build and long term performance ... we all have a preference ,, thanks for your honest opinion peter ... thanks , vinny

Peter

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 10:32 am »
 Nowadays,having such a fantastic range of detecting headphones to choose from and trying various sets are what its all about. We all like different aspects of individual types and as you pointed out ,some will not suit other users  , and this is the beauty of a good choice, being able to shop around till you drop on what suits ones own preferences best,and we can only do this by trying different ones if were not happy with a particular choice we have made.
 Try first before buying if you can though .

kevsat

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 12:12 pm »
i bought some off him a couple of years ago ...theyre basically peltor phones which arent bad..but the lead supplied with them was crap quality broke contact s by the cheap plugs after a couple of weeks...chef are the best ive had so far