Author Topic: 11X13" Coil  (Read 3879 times)

Richard Bain

11X13" Coil
« on: October 23, 2016, 12:54 pm »
Hi all, has anyone used an  XP Deus 13"by 11" Coil Balance Adapter.?
                      Thanks Rich.

Hauptmann aD

Re: 11X13" Coil
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:20 am »
Well, I have it.
While it is solid work, well thought and balances the coil weight a bit, it does not solve the basic problem of the coil by making the coil lighter (it adds it's own weight), and you have still enough head side overweight of the detector using it.

Peter

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 10:46 am »
Agree with the Hauptmann , It does what it `s designed to do ,but sadly adds a little further weight . I find that if you use a bungee such as the "Easy Swing" that helps solves it to some degree though . On saying that,the bungee`s Handy in the muddy conditions , because it keeps the detector by your side rather than having to put it down to retrieve finds  from the soil or dig .

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 11:36 am »
Agree with the Hauptmann , It does what it `s designed to do ,but sadly adds a little further weight . I find that if you use a bungee such as the "Easy Swing" that helps solves it to some degree though . On saying that,the bungee`s Handy in the muddy conditions , because it keeps the detector by your side rather than having to put it down to retrieve finds  from the soil or dig .

Good point.  I watched a video of a guy in the states who made his own harness that attached by the control box and also at the arm cup, I think it was on a T2.  when he was digging or pinpointing he just swung it behind his back and only the coil ever got near the ground. Pretty neat.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Willy muffit

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 11:38 am »
simply turn the coil around bolt it on back to front
problem solved
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

needlegun

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 03:56 pm »
But Willy , my 11x13 is far more sensitive over  the front 2/3 rds .
The rear of the coil is far less sensitive on mine.
This would make for terrible pin pointing .
The detectorbits easy swing is brilliant.
I find i have to have the the stem at such a  length so as i can stand totally upright with coil just off the ground.
Otherwise i get that pain in between the shoulder blades. >:(
Great coil though.

Willy muffit

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 06:45 pm »
But Willy , my 11x13 is far more sensitive over  the front 2/3 rds .
The rear of the coil is far less sensitive on mine.
This would make for terrible pin pointing .
The detectorbits easy swing is brilliant.
I find i have to have the the stem at such a  length so as i can stand totally upright with coil just off the ground.
Otherwise i get that pain in between the shoulder blades. >:(
Great coil though.
TO pinpoint
once you have found your target keep doing the little wiggle and at the same time pull the coil back towards your feet when the beeping stops the target will be in front of your coil
another problem solved  ;D
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

needlegun

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 12:23 am »
Not with my coil it wouldnt  Willie .The signal would disappear  before it got to the end.
Like i say. My 11z13 has very poor sensitivity at the rear. Its fine for using it on edge as a pin pointer. But , it does not have the depth of the forward 2.3rds of coil.