Author Topic: Crown Estate beaches etc.,  (Read 2563 times)

rabert

Crown Estate beaches etc.,
« on: December 10, 2016, 05:32 pm »
Hi,
Just wondering if you can advise me - once again and hope you don't mind.  I've just been looking at the Crown Estate map for beaches - delineated in purple??     I notice that some of the purple high lighting goes up the rivers i.e. up the River Ouse at York  on the map etc., etc.,    So........   is it possible to metal detect up on these riversides flowing from the beaches?
(wonder when it will be possible to see the permits and print them off)??

thanks

ttfn

nailman

Re: Crown Estate beaches etc.,
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 05:55 pm »
If you're meaning mud larking I know some people detect near the Humber bridge
But YORK  is no go I believe there is a bye law that forbides metal detecting in the city area, I work and live near York whenever anybody I.e Electric, Gas etc dig a archaeologist is normally not far away.
Someone on this great site will  have better answers, just didn't want you going on a day trip to York and getting into trouble.

(The heads of traitors used to be on spikes above Micklegate bar now it's only Metal detectorists  ;D ;D lol)
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

rabert

Re: Crown Estate beaches etc.,
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 07:13 pm »
 :) :) :) :)   Thanks Nailman.
I used to live at York too and we often visit or we stay nearby for a while.    Ah, yes, I know from my history that heads were hung from Micklegate Bar.    Didn't that include the Duke of York? -  who was Richard 111 and Edward 4th's father ?   I certainly don't want my head there.   I might make history, being the first woman?     (I'm happy to be corrected)! lol.
It was just on the Crown Estate map, the purple delineation  went from the sea at Humber and up the River Ouse all delineated so I naturally thought you could detect there.     I must admit, I thought it strange, because of what and where York is.  So, why does the purple go up the River.   It seems misleading to me, but I'm obviously looking and thinking wrong.
I saw on You Tube a chap under the Humber Bridge, on rocks, up to his knees in mud and water and found an engagement ring.   I'm pleased he was pleased, but certainly not a location I would enjoy -    aagghh.
ttfn.
Time for Strictly.