Author Topic: Beaches - not delineated in purple- river sand bank areas - Scottish beaches  (Read 7265 times)

Peter

Hi Peter,
How strange : but I have just seen the detector on E bay - ex demo for £285 and I was coming on the forum to ask peoples' advice about it.    Is ex demo ok?  It won't be worn out and scruffy??       To be honest, I don't understand the difference between this one and the Minelab X Terra 705 ??   (but then I wouldn't)!
Thanks for your time and guidance.   My bro in law thinks metal detecting on the beach is a fab idea.   There will be me with a detector, not knowing a thing, and a few 'blokes' walking along side like minders.
ttfn

If you go to the E bay item and hover your curser over the photo, it will give you a magnified view of the detector and from what I can see it looks as new.
 This youtube link can give you an idea of what its about>> Part 1  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEWX4S-Nro

Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOlatgvLJs0
 Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLiYdPtzW1w
Part 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB-z7uU7vGM

You can get part 5 ,6, and 7 ,on the youtube if you so wish to.
 And if you did go for this ,I`m sure gonzo could point you in the right direction on and problem you might have in as far as settings or usage.

nailman

Hi Nailman,

Is the M6 detector equally good on land?

ttfn
Gonzo beat me to it my mate has one uses it on the land all the time
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

rabert

Thank you so much for all your help and time taken.     You're all so kind and helpful.    I shall take a look at the links.   I hope the detector isn't sold in the meantime.   I may have to get hubby to look at the links with me !!!

ttfn

rabert

Re Whites M6 metal detector.
Hello again.

Can I apologise for pestering you.   If the White's M6 is  obsolete now (? )   -    what is the situation re needing spare parts etc., etc.,      Yes, I see the E bay pic does look in very good condition -       tempting?     

Thanks ever so.

ttfn

gonzo

• Gold members
Whites will still repair the m6 as they do much older designs.Just email whites uk and ask them for peace of mind.
The m6 is an ultra reliable machine and you are unlikely to have problems.

rabert

Thanks for that Gonzo.    People do seem keen on the M6 from what I can gather.    Do you know if there would be a Manual with the ex-demo model on E bay?   Or would there be one on line?   Or do I manage it from the links given to You Tube demonstrations?       (I think it may be time to get my hubby to look at things with me too). 

ttfn

gonzo

• Gold members
You can download the manual online......just type whites m6 manual into google and you will find it.It is a very simple machine to use  but it will perform like the top machines in most situations.
Anything you need to know just ask. :)

rabert

Hi to some knowledgeable and helpful chaps (grovel,grovel)!   lol.

Is the Whites M6 definitely obsolete now?   Does anyone know age details??

ttfn
confused.com

gonzo

• Gold members
It definately is'nt being made anymore,production ceased less than a year ago.As i said though,it is still supported by the same coils etc as used by newer whites machines and repairs will still be carried out.Dont let the fact that it is no longer being made put you off,there are some models of detector that are still sort after 30+ years after they were no longer made.The m6 is built like a tank and very reliable.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
How heavy is the Whites M6?  I have heard that some Whites machines are a bit hefty ?
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

rabert

Hi Keith,
Are you a mind reader?   lol.     Hubby looked at the E bay photo and wondered about the 'large box' on it ??     He wondered if that would be heavier for me to handle. :-\
I'm getting worried -    I dreamed about metal detecting.   :o
The chap on E bay said the Whites M6 isn 't obsolete -     confusing or what?   He doesn't know the age of it -   no date on it.
Thanks

ttfn