Author Topic: Rechargeable 9V  (Read 2571 times)

jeffcooper

Rechargeable 9V
« on: December 21, 2016, 06:12 pm »
I know Fisher state that you must use alkaline 9V batteries in the F2, but I'm looking at the new Li-on PP3's that you can now buy cheaply, and I would love to try them - but I'm scared to death of blowing up my first, and probably only ever, detector. Whats the consensus of opinion on using 600mAh 9V Li-on batteries in the F2 please?

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Re: Rechargeable 9V
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 06:50 pm »
If in doubt leave them out.  Alkaline 9 volts are cheap enough and last a while.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Peter

Re: Rechargeable 9V
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 07:51 pm »
I know Fisher state that you must use alkaline 9V batteries in the F2, but I'm looking at the new Li-on PP3's that you can now buy cheaply, and I would love to try them - but I'm scared to death of blowing up my first, and probably only ever, detector. Whats the consensus of opinion on using 600mAh 9V Li-on batteries in the F2 please?
if Fisher recommend alkalines why contradict their advice. If as you say, If  it blew the mother board for any reason your warranty wouldn`t be worth a carrot. You can buy cheap alkalines from B&M or Aldi , so i`d say why take the  risk when you can replace with cheap ones anyway ?