Author Topic: Whites M6 metal detector  (Read 8258 times)

rabert

Re: Whites M6 metal detector
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 10:48 am »
Morning all,
Thanks for all your advice.      I know it's difficult when your writing to understand what a person may be saying.   After Nailman's comment re car etc., , I replied with  a jokey, sort of tongue in cheek comment about buying an Ace 250! as he had mentioned the Skoda! (of course I know you couldn't see my smiley face or know me).     Sorry it went a bit flat and misunderstood.   I understand these things can happen and I apologise but it was meant as a pure , funny, sort of jokey comment -    not a genuine misunderstanding of your good guidance.
All your help has been absolutely fabulous and you've been so professional.   I am well impressed with you all - truly I am.   Yes, I shall do some Googling later and of course some You Tubing.          Sorry for my ignorance etc.,   I really don't know anything and you've all helped me so much. I've learned so much in the last week alone.    Thank you all for your time to advise me.    You sound such a great bunch of chaps.
Kind regards,
ttfn

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 10:54 am »
Morning all,
Thanks for all your advice.      I know it's difficult when your writing to understand what a person may be saying.   After Nailman's comment re car etc., , I replied with  a jokey, sort of tongue in cheek comment about buying an Ace 250! as he had mentioned the Skoda! (of course I know you couldn't see my smiley face or know me).     Sorry it went a bit flat and misunderstood.   I understand these things can happen and I apologise but it was meant as a pure , funny, sort of jokey comment -    not a genuine misunderstanding of your good guidance.
All your help has been absolutely fabulous and you've been so professional.   I am well impressed with you all - truly I am.   Yes, I shall do some Googling later and of course some You Tubing.          Sorry for my ignorance etc.,   I really don't know anything and you've all helped me so much. I've learned so much in the last week alone.    Thank you all for your time to advise me.    You sound such a great bunch of chaps.
Kind regards,
ttfn

Your not ignorant, your just learning.  I don't blame you for being careful there's a lot to choose from out there.  I was terrified of buying a stinker when I started !!
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

gonzo

• Gold members
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 01:26 pm »
I apologise Rabert.Now you have explained I get it......me being a bit slow I think......doh.Sorry. :)

rabert

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 02:03 pm »
Hi there,
No probs.    I can appreciate how you have all read it.     These things do happen and it is difficult to 'jest' in writing, not knowing the tones, grins , quips, of a person.   It is so lovely of you to apologise -   I'm well impressed!   lol.   You've really done me proud answering all my queries and have been so patient.
I shall come back later tonight when the natural day light goes .  (I'm busy doing a Christmas painting in oil).
That's a bit presumption -   you may not want me to come back pestering!
Before I dash.    Hubby sort of says to get a decent machine; the money doesn't matter, I've worked hard without ever being unemployed.   My idea is that if I don't get on with detecting etc., then I've wasted money.   I realize too, that if I don't get the right, decent machine for the job then I may tire more quickly.       So..... no rush ..... I will get there.
Thanks chaps.
ttfn

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 03:22 pm »
White's M6 offer with details including the weight that you were asking for http://www.detecnicks.co.uk/The_Whites_Matrix_M6.html
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

gonzo

• Gold members
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 03:55 pm »
Now budget is'nt a problem,you have opened up new avenues.All the top beach machines are quite expensive but as you realise,it I'd best to start with something you know is going to do the business for you.
As Keith mentioned,weight could be an issue,all the top beach machines can be a bit heavier,but you can always use a bungee harness to support the weight.

rabert

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 04:15 pm »
Hi Gonzo and 13oots.
Thanks for your comments and link etc.,
I've looked on the detecnicks site.  Their 'terms' page for beginners was interesting too - as were the machines.
The money, per se, isn't an issue.   I am usually determined when I study, learn new hobbies, etc., etc., but there's always the first time that I can fail.  I think it's because I know that I'm not particularly 'technical' (as men are) and it may stump me perhaps. Hubby doesn't mind which is good.    It's just that I have wanted to metal detect for so many, many years .  Most people I know think I've gone a bit 'potty' but that's alright.    Maybe I should just order a machine and hope I get it right.  ( you can't take  money with you -   it's for spending and enjoying).   lol.   I am getting a better idea of machines, thanks to you all.

(you're probably all yawning now) -   lol. ;D ;D ;D
ttfn