Author Topic: Ultimate  (Read 3143 times)

Flatlander

Ultimate
« on: February 07, 2017, 08:45 pm »
Hello good people, has anyone used Gary's ultimate program on pasture or is it only for arable fields, i.e. plough soils, crop fields, if you have used it on pasture what results did you get. If ultimate is no good for pasture what program do you use, one of the pre installed or a custom one. I have used program 5 and 6 on pasture but was just wondering is there a program that goes deeper than the pre installed programs, I have a permission that is on pasture that is an old medieval village, I have found a lot artifacts, some Saxon bits too, the only thing I have not found after 3 years of searching is silver hammered coins, have found a few copper coins but no silver, it might be that the village was very poor and just did not have any silver, that or the silvers are just beyond detection depth of the pre installed programs. I have heard that ultimate goes deep on small finds so I am hoping that this program will help find the hammie.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Re: Ultimate
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 09:01 pm »
I have used Ultimate on pasture and it works fine.  Ultimate is based on reactivity 3, reactivity 2 gives you a wee bit more depth and a lot of people like the lower frequencies for depth too.  I used the below settings on pasture the other week and I was impressed with depth and performance all round.

Prog 2 GMP
Full tones
Sens 0-5 depending on site and preference
8khz

Just a suggestion if you fancy it, oh and you can drop the silencer to 0 too if you prefer.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

mariothemoss

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 11:50 pm »
Don't think you will find much with the sensitivity that low.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 12:29 am »
Don't think you will find much with the sensitivity that low.

Sorry, well spotted.  Disc 0-5 is what I should have put.  Sens 90.  Thanks Mario.

mariothemoss

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 08:19 am »
I know you knew and it was mistake just pulling your leg. ;D

Flatlander

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 05:37 pm »
Thank you for your reply Keith, I will give ultimate a go and also try your suggestion and see if the very illusive silvers are there to be found.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 07:41 pm »
Thank you for your reply Keith, I will give ultimate a go and also try your suggestion and see if the very illusive silvers are there to be found.

No probs and fingers crossed for you mate.