Author Topic: Teknetics Patriot  (Read 10999 times)

jackel

Re: Teknetics Patriot
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 08:17 pm »
I think i could live without the DST to be honest the classic T2 could be upgraded to DST.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 10:45 pm »
Yes there is a  Teknetics T2 that does indeed have the DST on board .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRURyti3Sko

Special edition, with DST. The Tecknetics equivalent of the F75 full,  Peter what are your thoughts on the classic and going for the cheaper option with no DST as Jackel is suggesting he may do.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Peter

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 11:28 pm »
I`m not 100% sure on the T2 SE DST `s inclusive menu of settings and such ,because  I`ve never owned one ,but it will have to go a long way to be on a par with the F75 DST`s on board offerings of available modes and settings .
The T2 was ,and still is a very good detector ,the boost process on the edition "with boost" really enhanced it too.
 Sadly like all other detectors do eventually , it has succumbed to its nemesis of advanced technology now found  in other detectors ,which they too eventually will themselves fall to in the future  , its probably had its day as a top detector but needless to say its still a very able and worth while detector to own,and obviously if its the DST model thats an even better bet than the bog standard model.
 I think as I pointed out that the std T2 just doesn`t have the DST added on  it ,as also has the "boost mode" ,and maybe one or two additional additives the Std T2 hasn`t got, so, there could be a big difference between the std T2 and the SE with DST so its would make better sense to buy the SE with DST model in my view.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 12:16 am »
I`m not 100% sure on the T2 SE DST `s inclusive menu of settings and such ,because  I`ve never owned one ,but it will have to go a long way to be on a par with the F75 DST`s on board offerings of available modes and settings .
The T2 was ,and still is a very good detector ,the boost process on the edition "with boost" really enhanced it too.
 Sadly like all other detectors do eventually , it has succumbed to its nemesis of advanced technology now found  in other detectors ,which they too eventually will themselves fall to in the future  , its probably had its day as a top detector but needless to say its still a very able and worth while detector to own,and obviously if its the DST model thats an even better bet than the bog standard model.
 I think as I pointed out that the std T2 just doesn`t have the DST added on  it ,as also has the "boost mode" ,and maybe one or two additional additives the Std T2 hasn`t got, so, there could be a big difference between the std T2 and the SE with DST so its would make better sense to buy the SE with DST model in my view.

Peter, thank you for responding.  It's kind of what I thought you mind advise.  As I see it, don't skimp if you want performance, get the DSE.  And if First Texas is what you want, save up the pennies and get the top line F75, not to say the others can't perform, but if you want the best performance.................and DSE is important for these machines?

jackel

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 10:26 am »
I think you both have valid points 'but' how often would you in all honesty use the boost mode or cache mode even online research claims that with the DST activated there is a loss in depth ! I know depth is cancelled out when your amongst the nails so there is always a gain on one thing and a loss on the other.

The F75 and the T2 are both capable machines and can achieve depths of over 10 inches which is very impressive to be fair, If you actually think about it probably the most advanced machine on the market is the XP Deus because there are always updates etc for the machine. I have no interest in the Deus though I think XP have become to fiddly and seems to be one of those machines that you spend more time messing with controls and settings. I have actually seen people doing this in the field where there is less time detecting and more time messing around.

The point i am making is apart from a couple of options which I think have been out a couple of years now maybe more such as the DST and FA the F75 has not really moved on that much since then. The F75 could well be a better machine than the T2 but in all honesty I think they are close performance wise, whether that be the classic T2 or the SE versions on both the F75 and the T2.

It is a minefield to be fair you can search the internet and people will be torn between the two both machines have a fantastic pedigree within the detecting world. I am still undecided to be fair and will ponder some more  :-\ .. Good posts from all though have enjoyed  this thread good advice from people who are in the know.

Peter

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 10:48 am »
Well the criteria on both detectors is readily available for reading up on. Its a Personal decision on whether anyone wants this or that on their detector and its a choice there to be made. Whether anyone feels the boost is "needed "or not obviously depends on the user at the time of using rather than speculating would it ever be needed. Surely its best as an option to have it on board to use it  rather than not having it at all.
 Its a bit akin to being given the choice would you rather have a Car with 4 gears ,or if the choice was available to have it with 6 gears would you choose not to get the version with the extra two gears if available ,to enable you get better fuel consumption and go that bit faster ? I think the answers obvious. So its the same with the choice here. Do you go for the std edition, or do you go for  the version with DST and boost ,plus extra search modes ?

jackel

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2017, 03:34 pm »
Your probably right Pete it would probably be a better option to have modes on their that the dst and se models have but i had to work to a budget the top end F75 se is like £779 to buy or there about the T2 is only like £449 which is a good price for what it offers. Like i say i may just hold on for the Gold F75 which is £595..

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2017, 08:07 pm »
I think you both have valid points 'but' how often would you in all honesty use the boost mode or cache mode even online research claims that with the DST activated there is a loss in depth ! I know depth is cancelled out when your amongst the nails so there is always a gain on one thing and a loss on the other.

The F75 and the T2 are both capable machines and can achieve depths of over 10 inches which is very impressive to be fair, If you actually think about it probably the most advanced machine on the market is the XP Deus because there are always updates etc for the machine. I have no interest in the Deus though I think XP have become to fiddly and seems to be one of those machines that you spend more time messing with controls and settings. I have actually seen people doing this in the field where there is less time detecting and more time messing around.

The point i am making is apart from a couple of options which I think have been out a couple of years now maybe more such as the DST and FA the F75 has not really moved on that much since then. The F75 could well be a better machine than the T2 but in all honesty I think they are close performance wise, whether that be the classic T2 or the SE versions on both the F75 and the T2.

It is a minefield to be fair you can search the internet and people will be torn between the two both machines have a fantastic pedigree within the detecting world. I am still undecided to be fair and will ponder some more  :-\ .. Good posts from all though have enjoyed  this thread good advice from people who are in the know.

Well when it comes to the First Texas products, it's Peter that's in the know, merely food for thought on my part and a chance to learn along the way.  I was speaking to a distributer a while back.  There is a F75 special edition out there which retailed for about 600 quid and it had the DST.  I don't know if they are still available but the guy said he could not believe Fisher had put so much in the edition machine for that price.

jackel

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 09:34 pm »
The golden anniversary edition has the FA and DST mode the LTD has the boost mode and cache mode i don't really see the cache mode being used all that much. The anniversary F75 dst seems a good price for £595.

Still undecided at the moment but leaning more towards the F75..

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 11:50 pm »
The golden anniversary edition has the FA and DST mode the LTD has the boost mode and cache mode i don't really see the cache mode being used all that much. The anniversary F75 dst seems a good price for £595.

Still undecided at the moment but leaning more towards the F75..

Could be the anniversary edition that I meant Jackal.  DST for those areas around pylons at that price, a Fisher winner?

jackel

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2017, 07:54 pm »
Yeh dst for £595 not a bad price only bits you do not get are the cache and boost...

After some reading of many posts on the web people seem to use the JE mode mostly and the de mode I suppose it comes down to personal preferenece what you opt to use we all find our little way and settings we are comfortable with. :)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2017, 08:52 pm »
Sooooo many choices  ;D

jackel

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2017, 09:34 pm »
Tell me about it i have struck the T2 off my list now and even contemplated the X Terra 705 again the only issue I have with the F75 is the fact that you have to visually check every target when you are using the all metal mode. I like searching in the all metal mode to be honest with the 705 in addition to giving you a audio iron signal it also gives you a digital - numeric number as an additional check.

I know the F75 may be a better machine than the 705 but i think the 705 with an after coil on such as the Nel or the Mars coils improve on depth and sensitivity and also in addition you can select different frequencies. So as you can see I have not got a Scooby of which one to opt for. Also power lines are not an issue with a Minelab and if the F75 looses depth with DST activated how much depth is lost could make a difference.. My head is  :-\ :-\  :)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2017, 10:57 pm »
Tell me about it i have struck the T2 off my list now and even contemplated the X Terra 705 again the only issue I have with the F75 is the fact that you have to visually check every target when you are using the all metal mode. I like searching in the all metal mode to be honest with the 705 in addition to giving you a audio iron signal it also gives you a digital - numeric number as an additional check.

I know the F75 may be a better machine than the 705 but i think the 705 with an after coil on such as the Nel or the Mars coils improve on depth and sensitivity and also in addition you can select different frequencies. So as you can see I have not got a Scooby of which one to opt for. Also power lines are not an issue with a Minelab and if the F75 looses depth with DST activated how much depth is lost could make a difference.. My head is  :-\ :-\  :)

Ha ha, what a nice problem you have.  I have heard very mixed reports on the X-Terra range but clearly you have had some good experience with the 705, I guess we all have fond memories of past machines.  I had a Sorex Pro and sold it on because I could never settle with it, but weirdly part of me still wishes I had it sometimes, strange isn't it.  Maybe it's because I had my first hammy with it.

jackel

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2017, 02:53 pm »
I remember the old Minelab Sov XS 2 A Pro I actually bought that off Pete many years ago it was my first proper machine found my only ever gold coin with it and some lovely bits over the years. But then come to learn that it was not the best for recovery due to nulling over iron etc. Still have a soft spot for that machine the tones on the Sov were brilliant, but technology moves on i guess.

I did like the 705 to be fair was easy to use and the information was good especially in all metal mode like i have said before I had the Mars tiger coil for the last one i had and to be fair achieved some respectable depth on pasture. On plough the majority of hammered coins are only ever a few inches anyway.Build quality is good on the Minelabs also.

Budget wise i could buy the 705 and have change for some killer B headphones and a pinpointed probe. Still pondering though  ;D