Author Topic: Teknetics Patriot  (Read 11440 times)

Peter

Re: Teknetics Patriot
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2017, 03:53 pm »
Hmmmmm the 705 !
To  me Its a bit of a middle of the road machine.Can`t say I loved it,but at the same time ,can`t say I didn`t like it.
I found it was one of those detectors that preferred wet to moist soil and if it didn`t get it,it was a wash out.
 I used to have one while using the Deus as well.
 One day I took the 705 to two fields that had just a few days earlier been ploughed and rolled. I paced up n down for hours finding next to nothing.
The next day I decided to change detectors and brought the Deus out to play instead.Same soil ,same dry weather conditions , same search methods.
 It was like a Magic wand had been produced on to those same two fields. I was finding stuff left right and centre . The Deus kicked the 705`s ass big time.
 I think I E bay`d the 705 soon after and I don`t think I`ll ever want another one .
But ! thats just my  personal opinion of the 705 . Others could probably tell a different story.. This is just mine .

jackel

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2017, 04:30 pm »
 >:(  I have no doubt that may be true was it switched on Pete ?

Your not helping my cause  :'( Funny you should mention that I done some more reading the last night online regarding the T2 and the F75 and there was quite a few references to them both struggling to ground balance within wet soil conditions especially the T2 this was over come by manually ground balancing according to the discussions. The machines seemed to give an overload message whilst trying to ground balance.

Not sure how true this is but there was various discussions regarding this problem. I have used the 705 in dry conditions with ok results but maybe the deus was on another frequency and that made a difference this could be combatted on the 705 with another frequency coil also. Just a thought mind but it's a nice option to have either the 7.5 kHz 3.khz or the 18.75 kHz it's a nice option to have especially in dry conditions i would probably use the 18.75 kHz virtually the same as the xp deus 18.00 kHz i suppose.

Sat here scratching my head at the moment no wonder i am bald  ;D

Peter

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2017, 05:40 pm »
>:(  I have no doubt that may be true was it switched on Pete ?

Your not helping my cause  :'( Funny you should mention that I done some more reading the last night online regarding the T2 and the F75 and there was quite a few references to them both struggling to ground balance within wet soil conditions especially the T2 this was over come by manually ground balancing according to the discussions. The machines seemed to give an overload message whilst trying to ground balance.

Not sure how true this is but there was various discussions regarding this problem. I have used the 705 in dry conditions with ok results but maybe the deus was on another frequency and that made a difference this could be combatted on the 705 with another frequency coil also. Just a thought mind but it's a nice option to have either the 7.5 kHz 3.khz or the 18.75 kHz it's a nice option to have especially in dry conditions i would probably use the 18.75 kHz virtually the same as the xp deus 18.00 kHz i suppose.

Sat here scratching my head at the moment no wonder i am bald  ;D

Yeah I get the picture  ;D

bob79

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2017, 05:53 pm »
Hi Jackal, have you read Gary's reviews on the T2 and F75.

Peter

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2017, 06:18 pm »
Quote Tom,...." maybe the deus was on another frequency and that made a difference".
 No, both detectors were being used in 18kHz . 
I think sometimes you can only find this type of info IF ,you have two detectors to compare against each other. If there`s no noticeable difference then thats fair enough, but when you get the results I got, that really brings it on home the difference in the two machines . Why ? because You just assessed them  in the same conditions against each other  and the results spoke for themselves.

jackel

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2017, 08:17 pm »
Hi Jackal, have you read Gary's reviews on the T2 and F75.

I will take a look at Gary's review i must of come across it though somewhere but will have another look. ;)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2017, 09:25 pm »
Quote Tom,...." maybe the deus was on another frequency and that made a difference".
I think sometimes you can only find this type of info IF ,you have two detectors to compare against each other. If there`s no noticeable difference then thats fair enough, but when you get the results I got, that really brings it on home the difference in the two machines . Why ? because You just assessed them  in the same conditions against each other  and the results spoke for themselves.

If the results are that strikingly different then there has to be something in it.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

jackel

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2017, 09:34 pm »

There could be various reasons Keith, for example, just never walked over the finds on the day, a bad day, or the Deus is a better machine who knows it's an enigma. I don't have Deus money too be honest and have had some good results with a 705 in the past what i don't like is a machine that is erratic around power lines etc that annoys me when searching.

The Fishers and the Teknetics all seem to suffer with EMF interference and granted it may not be on every field but it's sods law you will find a good bit of land and they will have power lines on  :-\ ...

I think budget wise I am tempted to buy a 705 again they are quite reasonable new and better second hand..

Failing that I don't have a scooby of what to buy..

If the results are that strikingly different then there has to be something in it.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2017, 10:00 pm »

There could be various reasons Keith, for example, just never walked over the finds on the day, a bad day, or the Deus is a better machine who knows it's an enigma. I don't have Deus money too be honest and have had some good results with a 705 in the past what i don't like is a machine that is erratic around power lines etc that annoys me when searching.

The Fishers and the Teknetics all seem to suffer with EMF interference and granted it may not be on every field but it's sods law you will find a good bit of land and they will have power lines on  :-\ ...

I think budget wise I am tempted to buy a 705 again they are quite reasonable new and better second hand..

Your right Jackal, it could just have been the walk on the day, but it sounds as if the field was more active with the Deus.  All machines have their strengths and weaknesses and Peter knows a thing or two.  One thing that I have heard repeatedly is that using a machine you are comfortable with and that you know, can be one of the most important things, so maybe the 705 is right for you if it makes you happy.  One other thing that may interest you, I started with the Deus WS4, and no remote, costing £550.00 for a machine one year old with 4 years warranty left.  Brilliant option. Even without a remote the performance is excellent.  I have had an AKA Sorex Pro and a Garrett 400i as well.  I would choose the Deus WS4 with no remote over both because the performance and ease of use is fantastic.  You still have 4 frequencies, great platforms and some changes you can make using the headset controls.  Well worth considering IMHO if a screen is not important to you.

jackel

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2017, 11:16 pm »

Good post Keith and your right the Deus light is another good option three machines in one sounds a good thing, I have had the power and the ADX 250 both were good machines. I spoke to Pete earlier and had a bit of a laugh about how difficult it is to choose a machine today.

I don't mind just going by the tones too be honest saves a distraction anyway, See you have complicated matters worse now bringing the Deus Lite into play  :D  ;D... Might do some looking around see what they are selling for new and used..

Your right Jackal, it could just have been the walk on the day, but it sounds as if the field was more active with the Deus.  All machines have their strengths and weaknesses and Peter knows a thing or two.  One thing that I have heard repeatedly is that using a machine you are comfortable with and that you know, can be one of the most important things, so maybe the 705 is right for you if it makes you happy.  One other thing that may interest you, I started with the Deus WS4, and no remote, costing £550.00 for a machine one year old with 4 years warranty left.  Brilliant option. Even without a remote the performance is excellent.  I have had an AKA Sorex Pro and a Garrett 400i as well.  I would choose the Deus WS4 with no remote over both because the performance and ease of use is fantastic.  You still have 4 frequencies, great platforms and some changes you can make using the headset controls.  Well worth considering IMHO if a screen is not important to you.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2017, 11:57 pm »
Deus WS4 is a great performer. There is a big argument for simple tones detecting.  After all, most say tones are king. I am one of those who has fiddled with settings in the field, you simply don't do that with the Lite/WS4.  I tend to set the machine up and put the remote in my pocket a lot these days,  simplifying my detecting is making it more enjoyable, and the Deus Lite/WS4 performs !! 

mayhem147

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2017, 12:21 am »
Deus WS4 is a great performer. There is a big argument for simple tones detecting.  After all, most say tones are king. I am one of those who has fiddled with settings in the field, you simply don't do that with the Lite/WS4. I tend to set the machine up and put the remote in my pocket a lot these days,  simplifying my detecting is making it more enjoyable, and the Deus Lite/WS4 performs !!

I do that only when it rains, but without the XY screen I feel a bit lost. I certainly dig a lot less rubbish than I did with the horseshoe graphic, and with no numerical guide either I reckon I'd be knackered after a couple of hours!

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2017, 11:27 am »
Deus WS4 is a great performer. There is a big argument for simple tones detecting.  After all, most say tones are king. I am one of those who has fiddled with settings in the field, you simply don't do that with the Lite/WS4. I tend to set the machine up and put the remote in my pocket a lot these days,  simplifying my detecting is making it more enjoyable, and the Deus Lite/WS4 performs !!

I do that only when it rains, but without the XY screen I feel a bit lost. I certainly dig a lot less rubbish than I did with the horseshoe graphic, and with no numerical guide either I reckon I'd be knackered after a couple of hours!

Fair point, digging every single iffy one does require a certain level of fitness  ;D

jackel

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2017, 11:51 am »
How did we ever cope without vdi numbers  ;) I must admit though i like the VDI numbers on a machine.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2017, 01:07 pm »
How did we ever cope without vdi numbers  ;) I must admit though i like the VDI numbers on a machine.

I must admit I often wonder whether VDI can be a poison chalice, as it does tend to slow me down sometimes when I spend ages staring at shapes and numbers and a spadefull out would be quicker.  I recall a strong tone on my Sorex Pro but the hodograph shapes convinced me it was big iron all day long. There was just something about the tone though that was clean and sharp even if it was too strong.  So I ignored the screen and dug to find my second complete crotal bell.