Author Topic: Purchasing Direct.  (Read 6347 times)

jackel

Purchasing Direct.
« on: June 12, 2017, 07:11 pm »
Has anybody any experience from buying for a manufacturer direct? I was looking into this regarding a Teknetics because the price difference is quite big money wise.

Just thought i would ask to see if anybody has done this.

Thanks in advance.

Tom.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
Re: Purchasing Direct.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 08:05 pm »
I would say most manufacturers have dealer agreements they cannot sell direct.

jackel

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 08:31 pm »
I am actually finding that out Gary  :-\ Seems there is no chance of buying direct i am awaiting a reply from Teknetics direct but i don't fancy my chances. Tim Suggs also trying for me one of their reps, but i do not think i will be able to get the USA price.

Seems painful paying that extra amount when the machine is priced more reasonable abroad, I guess that's life though  ::)..

There are only two dealers in the UK that sell the Patriot and the one with free headphones seems the winner to me..

Tom.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 08:45 pm »
We all like to save a few quid that's for sure, it's just the warranty side of things that may get a bit sticky.
What is the price difference.

jackel

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 09:08 pm »
Price difference is around the £170.00 mark I know this may not seem like a lot but its a few quid that could of bought a probe or something with the money saved.

Mind you mentioning the warranty you have a valid point could be a sticky wicket in all fairness. The machine to some is probably quite reasonable but i'm just starting up again after a break so was just trying to penny pinch  ::)..

Looks like i will probably go for the £469 price like i have said before in the other thread i started, experience tells me to wait for a impartial UK field test, but i think the Patriot with being a rebadged F70 already has a respectable reputation. Hence the reason that is convincing me to buy.. 

Tom.

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 10:00 pm »
For many years myself a some of my close friends have dealt with the same family dealer and we always get a maximum discount for a straight sale.

A UK Warranty and knowing that a the dealer will stand by the purchaser is a comforting thought when spending a lot of hard earned cash. ;) :)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 11:21 pm »
For many years myself a some of my close friends have dealt with the same family dealer and we always get a maximum discount for a straight sale.

A UK Warranty and knowing that a the dealer will stand by the purchaser is a comforting thought when spending a lot of hard earned cash. ;) :)

I bought from abroad, and had a problem with the headphone jack.  The retailer suggested I try to solder it rather than send it back.  I ain't no DIY man so that was right out.  I was terrified sending the control box over to Bulgaria.  To be fair nothing went wrong and the service was very good, but the worrying was enough to put me off doing it again.  I would rather pay a bit more and not go through that again.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 06:56 am »
I am noticing a few more Deus controllers being purchased from E bay. When they arrive they are in Russian.
Changing the language has to be done at the factory and costs about 60 euros plus post.
Hardly a saving when you take it all into consideration.

However £170 is a fair amount to save.

sportsman

• Gold members
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 08:21 am »
£230 All in thats half the price you pay in the uk  ??? ??? eek

jackel

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 04:19 pm »
I blame inflation that is why people seek to go to all lengths to save money i don't blame any dealership after all they have business to run and make a living. However top end machines are not cheap but in saying that i don't suppose they have ever been in all the years i have been detecting..

Thats just the nature of the hobby i suppose..

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 04:59 pm »
Also when comparing prices remember to include Duty & VAT to your calcs.....

mayhem147

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 05:34 pm »

And Royal Mail's £8 (or £13.50 if you've used an express shipping service!) charge if you're ordering from a non-EU country. With the currently weak pound I find ordering from outside the EU is just not worthwhile anymore, though it was nice whilst it lasted about 10 years back.

jackel

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 07:43 pm »

Yep it all adds up Nigel to be fair thinking about it i don't even know why i bothered now for some random reason i thought i might of got free postage and nil vat and tax  :D..

Wishful thinking more like ! ! I was trying to save a few quid to join the rest of the forum i'm trapped to certain sections on here  ;)

'only kidding', Gary, friendly banter  ;)

All jokes aside though it's nice to have a constructive debate even know I am going to be worse off .. ;D  ::)

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 08:29 pm »
Tight old bugger  :)

jackel

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 09:29 pm »
Tight old bugger  :)

;) I blame the wife !  ;D ;D