Author Topic: New Minelab ??  (Read 20525 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Re: New Minelab ??
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2017, 12:50 pm »
According to this, the new machine will be a wireless 4-frequency continuation of the X-Terra range.

https://hobby-detecting.com/what-will-minelab-show-in-september-2017-in-the-uk-new-detector-2018/

The X-Terra styling makes sense to keep the weight down, but will they go telescopic on the shaft?  They would have to be aware of the criticism over the weight of their best performers, and the Go-Finds showed they can see the appeal of the "pack it and go" machine for those who like that approach.

Big posters advertising a "sensational new metal detector" and I get the impression that a lot of our experienced detectorists think that's long overdue from Minelab.  It had better be good.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2017, 07:15 pm »
Lets hope it has not neen designed by the toy fairy  :)
Minelab have the money and resources but...to me, it appears they keep missing the point.
Personally I think all they needed to do was to bring out a lightweight sovereign and it's job done !
Good luck to them if they bring out something that is state of the art, it makes the hobby more interesting.

rusty old bucket

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2017, 07:27 pm »
MD hunter has updated his blog on the new Minelab...

http://md-hunter.com/minelab-announces-sensation-new-2017/#more-10794
Rex Sedet in vertice
Live a good life.

bob79

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2017, 09:59 am »
Anybody thought about the name Equinox, it's when the sun   rises directly in the East and sets directly in the West.
Could be Minelab's way of telling us where it's made or everything is in balance with the machine.
Might be coincidence that they are launching it at a large rally six days before the Autumn Equinox. :P

Nigel at Regtons

• Regton Ltd
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2017, 01:31 pm »
In fact they will be approx. a week too early for the Summer Equinox.

bob79

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2017, 08:48 pm »
According to Minelab advert in new Searcher Minelab are going to obsolete all single frequency VLF detectors.
Goes on to say new technology is about to land at Detectival. ???

nailman

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2017, 09:03 pm »
According to Minelab advert in new Searcher Minelab are going to obsolete all single frequency VLF detectors.
Goes on to say new technology is about to land at Detectival. ???
I used to work in the media advertising bussinees, because of its name and past reputation any thing produced by ' Minelab ' will be built up to be the best thing since sliced bread.
The Gold monster total rubbish according to the Australians who used it.
However I watched a Britsh dealers video this machine is the gold plated dogs dangly bits.
Having worked in advertising I for one will just hang on till proper people give use onset feedback.
Must go and photograph the new Minelab branded boxer shorts sure to be a big seller if we put the adds in the right type of publication
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Rew

• Gold Membership
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2017, 09:43 pm »
They are simple reinventing themselves. Lots of new machines out the last year or so, they need to keep up or loose out massively.
I do it with an AKA Sorex Pro

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2017, 11:14 pm »
They made a massive mistake calling the latest machine the "Gold Monster" which is an incredibly boastful title for a budget gold machine when you already have more expensive units in your line that are clearly better performers.  It's a bit silly to give a machine a name like that unless you know it's one of the best you can buy.  Are they losing the plot?

From all that I have read over the past two years, Minelab have produced very effective machines with the CTX, E-Trac, Safari, Explorer, not no mention ones from earlier days that also led the field (Sov, Musky etc) and typically their fans have craved continued offerings that push the boundaries (and maybe don't weigh as much  ;D Part of the reason why they have started to lose out ?)

After getting some very poor reviews for something called a "Gold Monster" they could be treading on really thin ice with some of the statements leading up to this latest offering.  They went cheap and cheerful with the go-finds and I think it's obvious we can rule that out especially given the hype and the info so far. In my opinion it will get murdered unless it really is something DIFFERENT, and VERY GOOD ! 

A lot of new machines have been produced in the last 2 years, but considering Minelabs reputation and fan base, I get the feeling this is the most eagerly anticipated release since I became a part of this brilliant hobby.  Regardless of anything else it feels like everyone is extremely curious to see what Minelab have done this time.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

bob79

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2017, 12:26 am »
Don't worry boys, not been sucked in by adverts.
Hope when them detector's land at Detectival one doesn't land on my new tent, will be well peeved if it does.

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2017, 06:45 pm »
I would not be surprised to see a certain detectorists set up a challenge test bed at Detectival.

It has happened in the past and many machines have failed.

Let's hope the weather is kind as there will be so many attending from around the world.  ;) Jerry.

Willy muffit

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2017, 08:16 pm »
I will be at another rally so I do hope someone video`s any tests that take place Jerry
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

kevsat

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2017, 10:44 am »
seen some pics this morn looks a nice bit of kit  8)

andyt

• Gold members
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2017, 11:14 pm »
Looks like a game changer to me  :D

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2017, 07:04 am »
Without in the field proof, nobody can say if it's a game changer.
The GoldMonster had been hyped to death and now it has already been brushed under the carpet, so to speak.

So far the only part of the "game" that I can see has changed is Minelab have finally released a machine that is not vastly overpriced.