Author Topic: New Minelab ??  (Read 20647 times)

JBM

• Gold Membership
Re: New Minelab ??
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2017, 07:40 pm »
I have only seen one game changer in recent years and thats the XP Deus. ;)

Ok some folks will purchase the Minelab new toy and a few have placed an order.

Trouble is there were not any machines available for purchase at the dig.

To me thats crap business sense, with at least one person I know with the money waiting, who went home without a new detector. :(

Funny old world we live in these days.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

nailman

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2017, 08:16 pm »
Good old Face book is alive with it "wont be as good as the CTX" "not getting rid of the CTX"
take a chill pill !How stupid
No way are Minelab going to make a mid priced machine that would blow the fuses on a 2 k flagship model.
Another moan is the coil cable doesn't go through the stem !! :( >:(
These guys must be new to the hobby when I started concentric coils no VDU  no GPS we had to find our own way back to the car we survived.
And are these guys forgetting the great Soverign GT the cable was wrapped around the shaft.
Can't wait for the first tests, and then genuine feedback from detectorists who do not eat sleep and breath Minelab
Rant over
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2017, 08:48 pm »
Quote JBM "Trouble is there were not any machines available for purchase at the dig.
To me thats crap business sense, with at least one person I know with the money waiting, who went home without a new detector" unquote

I guess they are simply not ready mate, and they could not pass up the chance to show so many people the new machine and get people talking.  They could not pass up a chance like that, ready or not. On the video that iDetect posted the Scottish gent from ML was explaining a few of the things that will be different, but if it ain't ready then that's all there is to it.

It's better for the end user that they aren't pushing to deadlines and they will release when they are completely satisfied.  Commercially speaking they have done well, that little taster has got detectorists talking about the machine and many are buzzing with anticipation.  Mission accomplished.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

jlpsmith

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2017, 08:58 pm »

I have only seen one game changer in recent years and thats the XP Deus. ;)

Ok some folks will purchase the Minelab new toy and a few have placed an order.

Trouble is there were not any machines available for purchase at the dig.

To me thats crap business sense, with at least one person I know with the money waiting, who went home without a new detector. :(

Funny old world we live in these days.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

There were no new XP high frequency coils available at the XP rally last year either, just prototypes still being tested.  Vouchers were given to raffle winners for new XP pin pointers as they too were not yet ready for sale to the general public.  I believe those individuals waited over 6 months for their pinpointers. That's bad business sense. 

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2017, 09:00 pm »
2 wrongs dont make a right. ;)  Jerry.

jackel

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2017, 06:45 pm »
The Equinox will come with two models the 600 & 800 to me the 600 will do the job for my purpose, seen some recovery tests on the prototype they had at the Rally and it looked impressive especially for a Minelab having a quick recovery speed.

Glad to see they have done another machine to be honest makes the could be interesting to see the field results anyway, I must admit i was not thrilled with the design but i have seen worse. I used to have the old Son was a brilliant machine but it was awful for nulling over iron and suffered with a poor recovery speed.

For pasture and beach though even today there is no better machine and the BBS tones were brilliant i have never had another machine to match the old Son for tone sound. Any way back on tangent as it stands at the moment prices for the 600 i think are around 600 mark and for the 800 i have heard around 850 but these with tax duties could change dramatically.

Tin one of their videos at the announcement they did state that it would be affordable which was nice to hear XP did this with the Deus lite and then the remote separate. There is nothing like a bit of good competition though i have never had the privilege to use a Deus i have always settled for the old types like the ADX 250 etc or the Power.

Sometimes a price of 600 is even out of price range for some, I have seen prices of metal detectors rocket over the years and when prices such as 2 grand or over a grand for a machine came out this was just to expensive in my opinion. I like both makes though XP and Minelab although i have leaned more towards XP because amongst the nails as it stands XP are the best.

I hope Minelab do well and i also wonder if XP will have a reply and can you imagine if they do because design and tech wise they were years ahead that is why they have such a good reputation.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Minelab do to be honest and especially how their new machine performs in the field.

nailman

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2017, 08:22 pm »
I really hope this is a decent beach machine, being disabled can't manage the FBS machines
Just waiting for feedback from none Minelab sponsored detectorists
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

sportsman

• Gold members
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2017, 06:30 pm »
Will wait for the new ctx to come long this is the equivalent of the 705

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2017, 07:50 pm »

I should bloomin hope it isn't after that launch  ???

mayhem147

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2017, 10:00 pm »

It pretty much is, Keith. As predicted a few weeks back, it's basically an extension of the X-Terra range. It's got interesting features, and is clearly targeting the Deus market, but the Equinox isn't going to take over from the CTX, which looks set to remain their flagship model for the time being.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2017, 10:51 pm »

It pretty much is, Keith. As predicted a few weeks back, it's basically an extension of the X-Terra range. It's got interesting features, and is clearly targeting the Deus market, but the Equinox isn't going to take over from the CTX, which looks set to remain their flagship model for the time being.

I no I agree, as I have said all along it's going to sit under the CTX for sure.  But it's far more than a 705.

nailman

« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2017, 07:39 am »
Why are all the CTX users panicking this is a replacement for the 705  with a lot more spec, people are comparing it to the CTX , the price alone tells you it's not in the same league.

Or is it just a way of telling the world you own a CTX ?
As for a Deus killer time will tell, personally I'am interested in its performance on the beach.

When I returned to detecting I was told by some club members that my Garrett ace  was no good and that I wasn't detecting unless I had a Minelab!!! brand loyalty or marketing brainwashing ?
It's interesting to see that most of the members now own the Deus Or The Racer 2
XP Deus

redwulf700

« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2017, 08:07 am »
hi i think the ctx owners woulf be miffed off if the new minelab is half the price of the ctx. and as good if not better , then there ctx's would have a very low secound hand price. ..... ;D

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2017, 12:30 pm »
I don't understand how this can be seen as a replacement for the XTerra 705.  They were far cheaper and aimed at the lower to mid budget people and the Minelab brand.  When I was looking at my first machine many people said Minelab were best, and I could have stretched to a 705 and looked at it.

The 705 was never going to challenge the Deus, whereas the Equinox 800 does.  The idea is convincing people that if they can't afford a Deus, they can have all the benefits and more, for less money.  Wireless, light, multi frequency, software updates, gold prospecting and 40khz, so I see this as an attempt to undercut the Deus if your not going for FBS machines.

I suppose the Equinox 600 may fill the 705 slot, but the real flagship here is the higher end machine and I think that's the one that Minelab hope will sell to people with a decent bit of cash to spend who want Deus performance without having to spend as much money.  I think it's pretty clear what the target is here. 

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2017, 04:03 pm »
As one very famous comedian used to say. "Good Game,Good Game".  ;D

To those getting up tight, just keep taking the tablets.  :(

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

PS Virgin site tomorrow with the HF coil.  ;) :)