Author Topic: Be careful what you find !!!!!!!!  (Read 4263 times)

Willy muffit

Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

13oots2

• Administrator
    • Comics
Re: Be careful what you find !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 06:16 am »
When I was about 5 or 6 staying in Clevedon there were kids stories of a lake where paper boats caught fire. I never found the lake but found a huge Victorian rubbish tip that was full of phosphorus, you would dig up bottles that the contents would ignite. They eventually built over the tip but even now residents still dig up phosphorus.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and join the live chat

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 09:02 am »
Reminded me of a lesser known villain from my comic buying days, Dr Phosphorus !
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Lodge Scent

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 06:56 pm »
Phosphorous igniting in your pocket cannot be pleasant. Reminds me of my youth when I had a pack of book matches ignite in my back pocket of my trousers.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 10:28 pm »
Phosphorous igniting in your pocket cannot be pleasant. Reminds me of my youth when I had a pack of book matches ignite in my back pocket of my trousers.

So your trousers were flares Lodge? (groan) sorry  ;D
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

impos1

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 08:01 am »

Bet you got in a flap there lodge 😄
XP Deus
Makro Racer
Whites v3i
Whites MX5

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 09:26 am »
Was that the Somerset Clevedon ?

Next door to Clevedon were the Portishead docks.

Towards the the end of their era Albright and Wilson handled phosphorous in a big way and the ships were kept away from the other local docks.

It was a huge job cleansing and making the era safe prior to building the super new Leisure harbour that we see today.

How times change. :)  Jerry.

Lodge Scent

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 03:07 am »

So your trousers were flares Lodge? (groan) sorry  ;D

:D You know Keith, they could have been !

Lodge Scent

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 03:20 am »

Bet you got in a flap there lodge 😄

HA! Yep, I was in a big flap. I couldn't get those pants off fast enough. I didn't care who was looking either :D

GP27

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 12:57 pm »
I was out detecting, had a great signal dug up, it was in the clod couldn't find it so started breaking it up and going over the coil, got down to a small lump squeezed it to break it open and found a hypodermic needle, first one and hopefully my last.

Charles Abbeyville

• less than 5 posts
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 03:31 pm »
My mate (I say "mate" in the loosest possible terms) found a hand grenade and threw it at me.  The things some mates will do to get rid of the opposition!!  It was very old and all its 'innards' were full of mud but I decided not to add it to my finds collection.

nailman

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 04:41 pm »

That happened to me fortunately I had a pint of larger in my hand , still got the scar
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered