Author Topic: The £50 Excalibre  (Read 3221 times)

nailman

The £50 Excalibre
« on: August 27, 2017, 06:39 pm »
We had a family get together at the static caravan owned by my Aunty, one of my cousins sons is always nagging me to go detecting, so we hit the beach.

The beach is quite so didn't expect to find much apart from fishing leads and beer cans, a bloke with a dog came and asked if we've found owt ?
We chatted and he appeared quite knowledgable about the detectors on the market, he was then joined by his wife with another dog he then asked her " where did we see that detector yesterday?"
See mention the second hand shop in the next town, don't know what type it was ? I asked
Yes he said it was a Excalibre for £50. This could be the bargin of the century
We went to the town straight away found the shop, it was a very old C Scope for £50 :'(
Oh well you never know they could have put the wrong price not knowing what they had
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

impos1

Re: The £50 Excalibre
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 06:48 pm »
They probably owned the shop to get you down there 😂
XP Deus
Makro Racer
Whites v3i
Whites MX5

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 09:29 pm »
So what's it like then?  ;D
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

nailman

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 09:36 pm »

It's great so far I've found a manhole cover ;D ;D

Seriously I know C Scopes have a good reputation don't know which model it was, but for a child to mess around on the beach with.
The reason I rushed to find the shop is being a Yorkshireman I like a bargin, when I used to do freelance photography I once saw a camera lens for a bargin price that was worth six times more than advertised.sometimes these shops don't realise what theve got.
So it was worth checking out
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 10:03 pm »

It's great so far I've found a manhole cover ;D ;D

Seriously I know C Scopes have a good reputation don't know which model it was, but for a child to mess around on the beach with.
The reason I rushed to find the shop is being a Yorkshireman I like a bargin, when I used to do freelance photography I once saw a camera lens for a bargin price that was worth six times more than advertised.sometimes these shops don't realise what theve got.
So it was worth checking out

Oh I completely agree with that mate, especially as my dad was a proud Yorkshireman, it's in the blood.  My current golf bag is one of the best I have had. Great pockets, nice putter holder, 14 way club divider slots, all the whistles and bells.  It was sitting in the window of a second hand sporting goods shop in the town.  Mint condition, a fiver !!!! Ta very much  ;D
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....