Author Topic: XP Deep programme.  (Read 3460 times)

JBM

• Gold Membership
XP Deep programme.
« on: May 21, 2018, 11:35 am »
Myself and a number of other detecting friends have been using the Deep programme with considerable success.

Having said that a friend found a iffy signal from a prospective find and said would you dig this?

I ran the Deus with the H/F coil at 14 kHz over it.

The XY screen was showing a leave it alone with broken circular lines in the centre of the screen.

My answer was no I would not bother.

He went ahead and out came a rather tatty hammered penny.

I asked him to place it on the ground and straight away the screen was giving a strong bottom left to top diagonal right line.

The answer is, dont just trust the visual screen all of the time when using the visual display.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

mayhem147

Re: XP Deep programme.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 11:48 am »
When I used the XY screen a lot I had a couple of small hammered with that sort of off-shape circle signature. I think it may be simply down to small/deep targets not providing enough info for the XY to provide the non-ferrous diagonal line.

Still, whatever the technical reason for it, I learnt early on that if I only dug the "dead cert" NF diagonal XY signatures it would be a surefire recipe for missing good targets.

Maxi21

• No gold yet, except a -
  • Gold Membership
  • Using Deus, 9" & 13" coils
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 12:26 pm »
I agree with you both. I have also found that if you get a hint of a good tone in an otherwise iron buzz, and it gives a diagonal left to right within the usual spider squiggle - is worth a dig too!
Nick

Treat everything & everyone with the respect they deserve.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 01:05 pm »
This is why I moved away from the X/Y.  I would imagine that a seal matrix, cruciform brooch, and other such wonderful things would give a very erratic shape, and quite possibly a mixed tone dependant on the conditions. 

Jerry - when the HF coil is in 14khz, surely this is just a 9 inch coil at 14khz signal?  Or am I missing something about the way the white HF coils and V4.1 are set up?  Just curious, as a non HF coil owner I'm assuming this would be no different to the black coil on that kHz, but I could be missing something.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 03:45 pm »
Hi Keith its  just the same with the black coils.

Whether on 7  11 or 17 kHz.

These days I seem to use the 9" HF coil all the time.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 05:21 pm »
Many thanks Jerry.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

nailman

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 05:41 pm »
Myself and a number of other detecting friends have been using the Deep programme with considerable success.

Having said that a friend found a iffy signal from a prospective find and said would you dig this?

I ran the Deus with the H/F coil at 14 kHz over it.

The XY screen was showing a leave it alone with broken circular lines in the centre of the screen.

My answer was no I would not bother.

He went ahead and out came a rather tatty hammered penny.

I asked him to place it on the ground and straight away the screen was giving a strong bottom left to top diagonal right line.

The answer is, dont just trust the visual screen all of the time when using the visual display.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.
What size coil was you’re mate using ?
I always use the mark one ear drum and dig technique
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 06:33 pm »
With the black coil test today the 11".

On the day of the hammered penny event the 9" circular H/F.

You are quite correct about what the user hears, but even then at times we can all get mislead. ;)  Jerry.

nailman

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 06:57 pm »
You’re right Jerry I got a lovely quite signal it was a shottie  laid on its side can’t win them all
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered