Author Topic: Equinox review  (Read 12995 times)

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
Re: Equinox review
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 08:09 pm »
Thanks Lobo, good feedback, I am surprised you could run the sensitivity so high.

lobo

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 09:21 pm »
Thanks Logo, good feedback, I am surprised you could run the sensitivity so high.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised myself although Gordon has his settings recorded at 22 for sensitivity with this program.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 09:40 pm »
Thanks Lobo, great feedback.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

impos1

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 07:19 am »
I am surprised people don't do what I do when comparing machines. Run a parallel 1 metre wide piece of fluorescent or garden string and run it for a pathway length of 20 or 30 metres. Get some numbered non metalic /counters and then everytime you get a signal place it ontop of the target.

This way you can get a true reading of each machine as you will be going over it and following the same line and not vering  to the left or right.

The whole setup process will take approx an extra 20 mins from start to finish but you should have a true idea as conditions and  the ground affect the machines differently at different times.

This way you can experiment with different settings as you don't know what's below you and you can go over it several times.  Much of the time on the path you take if it's a well detected path you will get a true outcome by the results revealed.

Using the numbers on the counters you can record the target types and what each machine found.
XP Deus
Makro Racer
Whites v3i
Whites MX5

mariothemoss

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 07:46 am »
What a brilliant idea that would be a real test like to see this done with the top machines  wonder if anyone has done this very interesting I would imagine   ;D

impos1

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 07:56 am »
Yes I have done this several times in my reviews i the past.
XP Deus
Makro Racer
Whites v3i
Whites MX5

lobo

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 08:08 am »
It is a good way of comparing machines, but, you are relying on there being a difficult target (i.e. deep, next to iron, coin on it's edge etc) within the bordered area and each machine set up to maximise settings.
I guess it just goes to show, we all have different ways of evaluating machines.
HH

mariothemoss

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2018, 08:27 am »
Perhaps all the top brands of machines in a field with their respected users cross matching every signal then logged by an independent reviewer before being dug be very slow but we could all see and then make our minds up, doubt there would be an appetite for it though by manufacturers.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2018, 01:23 pm »
Most machines will find a target if you know its there, its when you are walking, does the signal stop you in your tracks?

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2018, 02:15 pm »
Most machines will find a target if you know its there, its when you are walking, does the signal stop you in your tracks?

Very good point.  I notice on the tests that Calabash does in the US that he wriggles directly on the target which is nothing like a single swing in a field.  If it doesn't hit it with a normal swing it's a fail, simple as that IMO.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Lodge Scent

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2018, 03:01 pm »
Why can't Americans day Equinox  ;)

Let's not lump all us yanks in to one basket please  ;D

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2018, 04:46 pm »
I visit the American "finds treasure forum" everyday to see whats happening.

I notice that the Equinox section now has 4 full pages of comments and niggles about the Shaft Wobble.

That would annoy me and when I have ever had the need, I fit a Plugger fitting from the USA.

Only 3 days from Florida to the UK and the problem is solved.

They also produce a stepped version which allowed me to fit a XP GMP bottom shaft to a Whites centre section  3 years ago.

I also read that some Exuinox owners have been supplied a replacement shaft. ;) Jerry.

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2018, 07:51 pm »
The thread for the subject matter (Shaft Wobble) is now 5 pages long and the latest has a guy using black electrical insulating tape to stop the movement.

Perhaps its just a single batch of Machines in the USA ?.  Jerry.

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2018, 07:55 pm »
Yeah the first batch very often has teething problems.

nailman

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2018, 07:56 pm »
The thread for the subject matter (Shaft Wobble) is now 5 pages long and the latest has a guy using black electrical insulating tape to stop the movement.

Perhaps its just a single batch of Machines in the USA ?.  Jerry.

Or the Chinese knock offs
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered