Author Topic: deep tech  (Read 5509 times)

unclened

• Gold members
deep tech
« on: April 18, 2019, 03:11 pm »
new deep tech metal detector to be released this week.hope it has variable disc. cant wait ….

The oil man

Re: deep tech
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 09:52 pm »
Oh  ::) interesting  ::)
I came in to the world with nothing and still have most of it left 

Deeptech Vista X  + Perseverance

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 02:14 pm »
I understand it has a new coil, different shape to the norm.  Deeptech claiming it's a performance improvement.  Looking forward to seeing what they produce.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Guinea3

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 03:56 pm »
Here’s the blurb I read regarding the new Vista X:

"The New Vista X is HERE and it's official.

We bet there will be many many questions but let's just sum the main things in a few points:

new electronics box - 2,5 times smaller;
new battery box;
new coil - deeper and with better separation;
wide discrimination - enables separation on poluted sites, including foil, pulltabs, cans etc.;
comfortable switching between ALL Metal, 2 Tone and ALT DISC modes - for both right and left-handed;
IP68 connectors with gold pins;
Waterproof connectors and an O-ring between the box and the front panel for even better isolation on humid weather;
1300 gr without batteries;

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 08:16 pm »
About the weight of an Ace once you add the batteries then, not too bad.

Look forward to seeing the field tests.

unclened

• Gold members
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 06:38 pm »
same here keith should be very interesting . im sure Ziggy will give a true none bias account on this machine ...

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 07:54 pm »
same here keith should be very interesting . im sure Ziggy will give a true none bias account on this machine ...

Yeah Sid Perry likes Deep Tech too so I wouldn't be surprised if the Searcher Mag does a video on this machine as well.

Guinea3

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 10:14 am »
Personally I think DeepTech machines are seriously underrated and deserve much more acclaim.  I’ve just acquired a mint Vista Gold Gain to supplement my second-hand DeepTech Warrior and I’m well impressed with its performance! 

I love the idiosyncrasies in the analogue signal compared to the digital sounds, which don’t contain as much signature information for the ears to discern.  I’m not interested in an extended discrimination range.  But I would like to see an analogue multi-frequency machine with selectable frequencies for different types of hunting and checking targets! 

I’ve owned and own lots of the top contenders with LCD screens.  Myself I prefer detecting, than playing bingo with the numbers.  I once knew someone who found a gold coin which read 63 on his meter.  Apparently prior to finding the gold coin, he’s been leaving anything at 63 which usually turned out to be a shotgun cartridge on his machine! 

Analogue detectors encourage you to dig more iffy signals and help create a 3D interpretation in the mind’s eye, before even digging the signal.  Whereas with the number on the screen, you just shout “house” and dig the hole as quickly as possible!  To be honest, I was a much better detectorist when I first started detecting than I was before I kept switching machines for the latest all singing, all dancing detectors.  Hence why I’m thoroughly enjoying using analogue detectors again, as it’s actually helping me to hone my skills not hinder me through the lack of technology!

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 05:14 pm »
An interesting read Guinea3

I'm pretty sure Golden Mask make an analogue dual frequency machine, from memory I think it's the GM4, might be worth checking out.  I have heard good things about them.

Guinea3

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 09:23 pm »
Keith67 – Thanks for the heads up regarding the Golden Mask detectors, much appreciated!

I’d really like to see an analogue machine with perhaps 4 or more selectable frequencies.   Apparently all the frequencies have to be multiples of the lowest carrier frequency, like 5, 15, 20 etc.  Imagine a multi-frequency analogue detector with dual discrimination for quickly checking larger iron and a top selectable frequency of 50 kHz! 

I definitely think it would make an interesting concept, as all the modern digital detectors perform complex algorithms to separate the target information from the ground signal.  Analogue detectors don’t require such complexity to make the circuit work efficiently at different frequencies.

Most modern meter detectors are quite accurate on single targets to a certain depth.  But once iron or ground minerals are added into the mix the accuracy falls away rapidly, hence why analogue detectors encourage you to dig more iffy signals that you might otherwise have left if you went solely by the numbers on the screen.  Plus look how many digital screen detectors still register a target by sound, long after the meter has stopped registering.  I think an analogue detector with multiple selectable frequencies would be ideal for the UK and European market where nearly everything above iron is a desirable target!

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 01:34 pm »
As I understand it, recovery speed is the big step up with the digital tech?

I must admit I love using the GM1+UK, I love the sound of the tones and the speed of the digging.

Sven

• Nokta Anfibio Multi, Tesoro, Compass, Mirage Pi...
    • Treasure Hunting & Vintage-Classic Metal Detectors
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 02:25 am »
Now that Tesoro is down and out. Hopefully, the Vista X will fill the void and be what the Tejon could have been.
The Vista X is what we have been asking for over the past few years. This should bring up the sales and popularity of the DT brand in North America. Looking forward to using one here in Canada.
Treasure Hunting & Vintage-Classic Metal Detectors
Free Downloads at my website:
  http://www.treasurelinx.com/home1.html