Author Topic: New detector coming soon !! and then we wait..........and we wait.........  (Read 6953 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Is it just me or do others feel that lately, "new machines" are advertised way too far before they are ready?

Is it just a ploy to try and stop people buying alternatives while the machines are still in the production/testing phase, and in truth a long way off from being ready?

Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

JBM

• Gold Membership
Thats always been a Moonlab ploy. ;) :) Jerry.

nailman

Thats always been a Moonlab ploy. ;) :) Jerry.

You’re not wrong, I worked in media and Marketing this was pre Internet, Minelabs reputation is a marketing mans wet dream, they have such a cult following, that the suggestion of a new machine  will have people pre ordering, just so they can say theve got one.
I’am afraid I’am old fashioned, I’ll wait till the products been out and tried and tested.
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

lobo

I call it psychological hype and yes Minelab are very good at it.  :)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
I think the same applies to the Simplex, the months have rolled by  :-[

Suasponte

• Gold Membership
  • Looking for Permission!!
Love the one your with. :P
Terry
(1) Makro Anfibio Multi
(3) Xp Deus
(2) Garrett AT Propointers
(2) Whites TRX
(2) Lil Digger's

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Love the one your with. :P
Terry

I do Terry, no complaints with my machines and not looking to purchase buddy.  Just interested in peoples thoughts on how some machines are promoted so long before you can actually get one ! 

I mean, what does "coming soon" really mean.  Six months, nine months, a year !!!!

kris milner

• xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control
This is good marketing ... its got your interest
xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
This is good marketing ... its got your interest

Certainly works on some Kris,  I know people have been wanting to pre-order the Simplex for weeks, some are itching to get the money out their pocket  :o

kris milner

it could end in tears

bob79

At the Detectival when the Equinox was launched I was talking to one Minelab manic, he had ordered a Nox and a Gold Monster on the basis of the results the machines were giving on their test patch they had made up.

nailman

Upon returning to detecting I purchased a Garrett Ace, the club I joined the Minelab was the most used machine, I was ridiculed one because I didn’t swing a Minelab and two my machine was Yellow ! And yet if the blurb is to beloved the Vanquish is Red.

I’am looking to purchase another detector for occasional beach use and as a back up for the deus
I am hanging on to see how the Simplex preforms , however I won’t be swayed by slick advertising I’ll simply wait and read users views, if not the Simplex I’ll pick up a 2ndhand Nox , In another year there wil be a must have machine out, so the market will be full.
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

kris milner

You must have some yorkshire blood in you ...... ;D

nailman

You must have some yorkshire blood in you ...... ;D

Spot on Kris born and bred, raised on a dales farm where if it wasn’t broke don’t fix it, now live near York , deep pockets short arms is true for me
XP Deus

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Amazing how many people buy more detectors but don't need them.  It seems a fair few people in our hobby have an insatiable appetite to try new stuff.  Admittedly if money was no object I would probably be one of them  ;D