Author Topic: New detector coming soon !! and then we wait..........and we wait.........  (Read 6949 times)

Lodge Scent

Marketing ploys makes otherwise normal people behave foolishly. Look at the I phones. If you already have I Phones 1 through 15, do you really need to wait in line for 18 hours just so you can get an I Phone 16 on the first day it comes out? Apparently MANY thousands of people feel that way. They just got to have it that first day.

Not very long ago I stood in line outside of a brewery for 45 minutes on a cold winter morning with another 150 crazy fools just to get in the door so I could by a case of one of their top ranked IPA's. Yes it was a damn fine hazy double IPA but pretty silly of me to do that.  ;D

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Marketing ploys makes otherwise normal people behave foolishly. Look at the I phones. If you already have I Phones 1 through 15, do you really need to wait in line for 18 hours just so you can get an I Phone 16 on the first day it comes out? Apparently MANY thousands of people feel that way. They just got to have it that first day.

Not very long ago I stood in line outside of a brewery for 45 minutes on a cold winter morning with another 150 crazy fools just to get in the door so I could by a case of one of their top ranked IPA's. Yes it was a damn fine hazy double IPA but pretty silly of me to do that.  ;D

I admire your honesty Lodge.  I'll always stand in line for a good beer  ;D
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Suasponte

• Gold Membership
  • Looking for Permission!!
I agree Keith with the Marketing crap!  Have it in stock and be ready to ship it within
a few months of announcing.  I myself get turned off with that kind of marketing.  Either
have it ready for market prior to hyping it or don't hype it.  My Son is interested for the Holidays
but what year will it be ready for sale!  Come on Minelab you do make good detectors but the marketing
department need help.

Terry
(1) Makro Anfibio Multi
(3) Xp Deus
(2) Garrett AT Propointers
(2) Whites TRX
(2) Lil Digger's

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Not just a Minelab thing Terry, more thinking about a trend that's growing, fanfares and trumpets then waiting and waiting.  I believe in:-

Develop it
Build it
Test it
Announce it.

Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

nailman

We now live in a very materialistic society, instant gratification is normal.
I know being a Yorkshire lad I’am financially  astute  ( Tight as a ) but I was raised that if you can’t afford it you can’t have it, or you save for it, modern marketing takes advantage of the materialistic  urges of the modern generation, the drip feeding of information about a new machine that the manufacturer has a  wharehouse full, and simply rations new machines to chosen dealers..
The result is Tim or John  turns up at the dig with the latest machine  and everyone wants one a win win for the manufacturers and marketing.

I for one wil reasearch a machine on forums such as this ,talk to owners and wait to see what pros or cons and will not be swayed by slick marketing campaigns.
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered