Author Topic: change  (Read 6768 times)

bilko

• Gold members
change
« on: March 17, 2020, 12:30 pm »
just for summat to say, as anybody flogged thier deus and bought a nox then regretted it just wondered like as theres been alot of conflicting reports

bilko

• Gold members
Re: change
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 09:25 am »
blimey, have i struck a nerve somwhere lol

Flatlander

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 11:44 am »
No lol, I would never consider selling my Deus, even if I could no longer detect I would still not sell it, I know how it works, after 6 years of owning my Deus I can not think of any reason to sell it, especially for a flash in the pan new detector, one I see advertised for sale just about everywhere, I'm not bashing the Nox, I cant as I have never used or owned one, those that do that I personally know have done well with theirs, no better than anyone I know with a Deus, me included.

seasider

• Gold members
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 03:38 pm »
I've got a Deus and I've just bought the Nox 800. Too early to say, but I think there is a place for them both. I'm told the Deus is tops on ploughed and the Nox on pasture.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 08:22 pm »
I've got a Deus and I've just bought the Nox 800. Too early to say, but I think there is a place for them both. I'm told the Deus is tops on ploughed and the Nox on pasture.

Most likely right.  I was talking to LP about them.  A move from one to the other is a "sideways move" was the expression they used.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Lodge Scent

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 09:04 pm »
I know a few folks that have both machines. Both have their plus and minuses they say. They like the Nox performance for general hunting and water, but when in the iron, they always use their Deus.

JBM

• Gold Membership
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 08:57 am »
Nothing changes other than the machines and their owners / users from over the years.  ;) ;D

Keeps folks entertained while off the streets. ;) ::)

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

PS I walked ty this morning a and did not see another human being.

That`s the first time in my very long lifetime.

kris milner

• xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 11:00 am »
We are in bad times .. good times will be here soon we all need to be safe and hang on in there and then its party time
xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 12:07 am »
I love my Deus, it's not perfect but it is the best machine I have owned and we have shared many happy days in the fields. I used my mates Equinox for four hours and thoroughly enjoyed it, it didn't seem better than the Deus but it performed well.  Four hours is not enough to form a real opinion of course.

mariothemoss

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 08:59 am »
As l think I  read by Gary they will all find stuff in the first spade full,but saying that I'm  a big Deus fan it really suits me I've. bought a second hand etrac for the beach but have tried it on my inland sites to find deep targets but not yet found any,seems  the Deus has made a pretty. good job although  I'm  slightly. biased

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 11:49 pm »
As l think I  read by Gary they will all find stuff in the first spade full,but saying that I'm  a big Deus fan it really suits me I've. bought a second hand etrac for the beach but have tried it on my inland sites to find deep targets but not yet found any,seems  the Deus has made a pretty. good job although  I'm  slightly. biased

I think bias is natural.  It's so much like golf clubs.  Players buy them and usually fall in love with them, and often keep them for a long time.  At some point they usually buy new clubs, usually they bond at first, sometimes they go back to the old ones, sometimes not.  This is very common in golf and how many times could this conversation relate to metal detectors:-

"Hows the new clubs"
"yeah love em, they are great"
What have you done with your old ones?"
"oh they are in the garage, great clubs, classics, I could never part with them"

;D ;D ;D ;D   

mayhem147

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 10:40 am »
just for summat to say, as anybody flogged thier deus and bought a nox then regretted it just wondered like as theres been alot of conflicting reports

I had both at one time. My thoughts...

My Equinox hit deeper targets, no doubt about that whatsoever, but was readily fooled by iron, and the wireless module lost contact quite often, sometimes giving a stuttering audio response. As an all-rounder, the Equinox is a superb machine (particularly for the price) but as I had the CTX for hitting deep targets on pasture and the Deus for sharp separation, after a year or so I found the Equinox wasn't earning its keep, so it was rehomed. 

Given a straight up choice of a single machine, I'd have to think long and hard. If you could mould all three of those machines into one, you'd have something a bit special though!

mariothemoss

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 07:05 pm »

I had both at one time. My thoughts...

My Equinox hit deeper targets, no doubt about that whatsoever, but was readily fooled by iron, and the wireless module lost contact quite often, sometimes giving a stuttering audio response. As an all-rounder, the Equinox is a superb machine (particularly for the price) but as I had the CTX for hitting deep targets on pasture and the Deus for sharp separation, after a year or so I found the Equinox wasn't earning its keep, so it was rehomed. 

Given a straight up choice of a single machine, I'd have to think long and hard. If you could mould all three of those machines into one, you'd have something a bit special though!
seems to me that this could be answered by having all three machines in a field and loads of cross checking and finally putting this subject  to rest.

Lodge Scent

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 09:42 pm »
Mario, there is ZERO chance that this subject could ever be put to rest.  ;D

mariothemoss

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 12:30 am »
No  probably not,be interesting  through  :)