Author Topic: Any news from First Texas?, any rumours from Fisher or Tecknetics?  (Read 6942 times)

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
There's not been a single thing in a long time that I'm aware of, and nobody really talks about their machines any more. 

Looks like they have dropped out the game.  Surely they can't be getting many orders these days.  Then again C-Scope waited a long time before the Evo.  Has anyone heard anything on the grapevine?
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

lobo

Not heard anything about other new models. My personal thoughts are that manufacturers of metal detectors have arrived at a point where improvements, if any, are only in small increments. Other than the holy grail of a P.I. machine that can give a good level of discrimination whilst maintaining renowned depth and still cope with highly mineralised areas plus come in at an affordable price. The majority, now change the livery perhaps new tooling to alter the shape of the control box etc. and call it the best thing since sliced bread. In reality it's a case of the "Emperors new clothes" Where some companies gain praise is providing a decent machine at a very attractive and reasonable price. Stay safe all.

Lodge Scent

Yeah, the current state of the detector market place reminds me of the end of the flip phone era. It got to the point where there was practically nothing left to be exploited with that old technology. The Equinox figured out a way to get some existing platforms to work smartly together to create a top level performer but we need the detector equivalent of going from the flip phone to the smart phone to get us all exited again. I agree with Lobo in that all we are seeing now for the most part is cosmetic changes.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Yeah, the current state of the detector market place reminds me of the end of the flip phone era. It got to the point where there was practically nothing left to be exploited with that old technology. The Equinox figured out a way to get some existing platforms to work smartly together to create a top level performer but we need the detector equivalent of going from the flip phone to the smart phone to get us all exited again. I agree with Lobo in that all we are seeing now for the most part is cosmetic changes.

I get your drift chaps, I think Lobo has a point at the end though.  Nokta Makro didn't do anything different with the Simplex but what a fantastic all round package for the price.  Mid and low priced machines are moving in a good direction.

Flatlander

There was a rumor that Teknectic's were testing a PI with some type of discrimination last year, I can only think that either, it doesn't work, or they are waiting for the penitent to be fully in place before releasing it to the world, because that would be a game changer if Teknectic's pull it off ! My only concern with that is digging 2 foot for a ring pull !

lobo

If Fisher do achieve the ultimate discriminating P.I., I think the price will be sky high.

bob79

Fisher Impulse AQ, some videos on YouTube and a lot on the American forums.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK

PI detector for the beach and sea.  Not my cup of tea but great to see them making new machines.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/metal-detector-database/fisher-impulse-aq-r129/

mayhem147

PI detector for the beach and sea.  Not my cup of tea but great to see them making new machines.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/metal-detector-database/fisher-impulse-aq-r129/

Yep. Discrimination that will accept gold rings, but reject coins, doesn't sound very useful for the inland detectorist.

Flatlander

Only waterproof to 1mtr, and price under £2000, not looking good is it !

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
Only waterproof to 1mtr, and price under £2000, not looking good is it !

hmmm not exactly an all rounder then.