Author Topic: Minelab Vanquish  (Read 6797 times)

nailman

Minelab Vanquish
« on: September 06, 2020, 05:23 pm »
Is anyone using a Vanquish ? After the usual Minelab build up and hype, not seen many reports but plenty on the 2nd hand markets.

Thinking of a back up beach machine, or would I be better with a Nox
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

bigbri

Re: Minelab Vanquish
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 11:07 pm »
I bought a Vanquish.   Didn't last long!! I wouldn't bother if I was you.
Simplex+

nailman

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 08:38 pm »

Thanks for the reply
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

mayhem147

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 12:30 pm »

Not that I was planning to buy one anyway, but what didn't you like about it?

bigbri

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 12:54 pm »
One way signals over great targets,  also bad signals over good targets.  Good signals for bit of iron.  Not the usual stuff that confuses detectors.  It was endless
Simplex+

Willy muffit

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 02:45 pm »
I have a friend that lives on the coast she used to use a hip mounted  Sovereign  but bought a Nox and now prefers it that I found very surprising
Deus 11" standard + 9" HF coil
T2 Ltd  + NEL Tornado +  Sharpshooter
Minelab Equinox

mayhem147

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 02:49 pm »
One way signals over great targets,  also bad signals over good targets.  Good signals for bit of iron.  Not the usual stuff that confuses detectors.  It was endless

Blimey, that's not good! :o

I suppose they have to be a bit careful, in wanting a slice of the pie in every price range, that they don't make the cheaper machines so good that they impact upon the sales of the more expensive ones. I'd be amazed if they didn't see a sharp downturn in CTX sales with the release of the Equinox, and they must have been a little concerned that the Vanquish range could hurt Equinox sales figures.

One thing's for sure, when they release the CTX's successor, it's going to have to be phenomenally good if it's going to bear the same price tag as the CTX (or higher!).

nailman

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 08:12 pm »

Blimey, that's not good! :o

I suppose they have to be a bit careful, in wanting a slice of the pie in every price range, that they don't make the cheaper machines so good that they impact upon the sales of the more expensive ones. I'd be amazed if they didn't see a sharp downturn in CTX sales with the release of the Equinox, and they must have been a little concerned that the Vanquish range could hurt Equinox sales figures.

One thing's for sure, when they release the CTX's successor, it's going to have to be phenomenally good if it's going to bear the same price tag as the CTX (or higher!).

And hopefully lite weight
XP Deus

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 10:27 pm »
These mid/budget priced detectors are being massively hyped.  I have a mate whose been detecting 25 years and used umpteen machines and he's just put his Simplex on Gumtree, said it was pants.  I saw a video of the Vanquish where Gordon Heritage called it an Equinox with simpler controls....I doubt that ! 
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

bigbri

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 10:40 pm »
Spot on Keith.  But as I have had them both, the Simplex was much better than the Vanquish
Simplex+

Gary

• Gary B
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 07:15 am »
I think the Vanquish needs to be used in the all metal mode.
As soon as you use the discrimination mode it's pretty flat.

nailman

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 06:28 pm »
I think I’ll wait to see how the Apex preforms on the beach, I love my Deus but we have a static caravan so want a beach / back up machine
XP Deus

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 12:28 am »
I think I’ll wait to see how the Apex preforms on the beach, I love my Deus but we have a static caravan so want a beach / back up machine

Early feedback looks promising. Some good videos of the Apex on the beach on You Tube from "South Coast Detecting"
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....