Author Topic: Its now getting very teedius  (Read 6708 times)

kris milner

• xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control
Its now getting very teedius
« on: January 28, 2021, 08:43 am »
lock down is killing me i have permissions i cant get on i have a club membership thats dormant i cant go for a run out of the area on my motorbike as i risk plod pulling me i cant go for a pint the only thing to look forward to is the jab as and when ..... im gonna have a hell of a party when all this is over keep strong everyone
xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control

bigbri

Re: Its now getting very teedius
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 11:51 am »
Same as me.  Except I've had the jab but hasn't changed anything.
Simplex+

nailman

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 03:29 pm »
Although not been advised to shield by the Goverment , I have a chronic health condition and kidney function issues so Ihave shielded myself since March.

I’am eagerly awaiting the call for the vaccination..
Experienced button digger
XP Deus
Insurance company's are warning campers if your tent is stolen during the night you won't be covered

bigbri

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 04:52 pm »
I'm 78 but got mine with the over 80's.  Reason was I believe that they get this batch of 975 frozen jabs.  They have 6 hours to dispence them or it's thrown away.  So I got included.  I wonder if it was worth it now.  Can't get the booster for 12 weeks so think my cover is about 25%!  Also I was fine for a week but since then have not really felt well.  May be nothing to do with the jab but I can only state what has happenend to me.
Simplex+

rusty old bucket

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 03:15 pm »
Never really made any sense to me. I can go to work on a tube and train Mon-Friday, because building over priced apartments is deemed "essential"  but can't stand in a field on my tod at the weekend...

Personally I think we should have shielded the most vulnerable age groups and those with health issues and the rest of us should have got on with it, using common sense..

I'm not dismissing the tragedy of over 100,000 lives lost ,but the cost both financially and to the general health and wellbeing of people due to lockdowns will overtime outstrip the cost of Covid in my opinion.

Rex Sedet in vertice
Live a good life.

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 03:31 pm »
It's getting difficult for everyone I think, and it's impossible for governments to make all the right calls.  I have not taken a walk since November.  My OCD has gone through the roof.

My nephew had a beer with a few workmates on Xmas eve in an office, he and a couple of others picked it up off one of their colleagues.  Footballers and spoilt brats are breaking the rules everywhere, saying sorry when you're caught is simply not good enough.  Then there's the interviews with the 20 something generation who explain which rules they have "decided" to follow, and which ones they don't !

I hope and pray this is over soon and I can walk outside in safety and without fear, but I will never be able to forget the incredible levels of human ignorance, selfishness, and lack of care for their fellow humans that so many people have displayed, which no doubt has cost many people their lives, and kept this thing going much stronger and longer than it would have been.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Lodge Scent

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 09:13 pm »

I hope and pray this is over soon and I can walk outside in safety and without fear, but I will never be able to forget the incredible levels of human ignorance, selfishness, and lack of care for their fellow humans that so many people have displayed, which no doubt has cost many people their lives, and kept this thing going much stronger and longer than it would have been.

Imagine if the entire population of the UK thought the pandemic was nothing but a hoax perpetrated by the left wing media. Come to the US where we have about that many people that are not only incredibly ignorant but actually are PROUD of their ignorance. Those type of people are more easily led than sheep. There is an old Turkish proverb: "Fear the ignorant man more than the lion."

Keith67

• XP Deus, GM1+UK
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 03:02 am »

Imagine if the entire population of the UK thought the pandemic was nothing but a hoax perpetrated by the left wing media. Come to the US where we have about that many people that are not only incredibly ignorant but actually are PROUD of their ignorance. Those type of people are more easily led than sheep. There is an old Turkish proverb: "Fear the ignorant man more than the lion."

Well said Lodge.  You have my respect buddy.
Flirt with the dirt, beep, dig, dance....

Flatlander

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 10:43 am »
I have an auto immune disease, Ankylosing Spondulitis, I have to inject immune suppressing medication every fortnight, it puts me in the clinically extremely vulnerable group, I have my first vaccination injection today, I have been shielding since 16-03-2020, my daughter is a frontline worker and has been to work throughout the entire pandemic, she still lives at home with me, so she's out of the house every day for 5 to 6 days a week, that's all fine and dandy but I am not allowed to go out on my own into a field miles away from another person because I could catch Covid if I do, how, how the bloody hell can I catch Covid being out in the middle of nowhere, how ?
But it's ok for me to live with my daughter who puts her life in danger every day she goes to work, and putting my life at risk as she could bring Covid home with her every day she goes to work !
Doesn't make sense to me, I can live in a dangerous environment but I can't leave my home to be in a safe environment that's only 2 miles from my front door, I also have to have monthly blood tests and every 3 to 6 months have to be seen by my consultant to check the medication is doing what it's meant to, again mixing with hundreds of other people, anyone of them could have Covid and not know it, passing it on the untold amounts of people before they return to their home !
Again that's all ok for me to do but I can't go out on my own in the middle of nowhere where it's the safest place I could be in, bloody ridiculous !
You can bet your last penny the bloody nighthawks are still going out, my permissions will be cleaned out before I can put my space in the ground again !
Sorry rant over lol, roll on summer, just hope it's this summer !

pennell

• Gold members
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 01:02 pm »
I have an auto immune disease, Ankylosing Spondulitis, I have to inject immune suppressing medication every fortnight, it puts me in the clinically extremely vulnerable group, I have my first vaccination injection today, I have been shielding since 16-03-2020, my daughter is a frontline worker and has been to work throughout the entire pandemic, she still lives at home with me, so she's out of the house every day for 5 to 6 days a week, that's all fine and dandy but I am not allowed to go out on my own into a field miles away from another person because I could catch Covid if I do, how, how the bloody hell can I catch Covid being out in the middle of nowhere, how ?
But it's ok for me to live with my daughter who puts her life in danger every day she goes to work, and putting my life at risk as she could bring Covid home with her every day she goes to work !
Doesn't make sense to me, I can live in a dangerous environment but I can't leave my home to be in a safe environment that's only 2 miles from my front door, I also have to have monthly blood tests and every 3 to 6 months have to be seen by my consultant to check the medication is doing what it's meant to, again mixing with hundreds of other people, anyone of them could have Covid and not know it, passing it on the untold amounts of people before they return to their home !
Again that's all ok for me to do but I can't go out on my own in the middle of nowhere where it's the safest place I could be in, bloody ridiculous !
You can bet your last penny the bloody nighthawks are still going out, my permissions will be cleaned out before I can put my space in the ground again !
Sorry rant over lol, roll on summer, just hope it's this summer !

Very sorry to hear that, Flatlander.. I can totally understand your feelings. My brother has another sickness related to weak immunity and he has to be very careful all the time when he goes out. When the quarantine started he had to quit his job and sit at home all the time. So last month I decided to move to his property in Lisbon to live with him and help him out with groceries and other outside-related stuff. Damn this virus, keep safe!

kris milner

• xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2021, 03:40 pm »
Come July lock down will be over in the uk we will all be jabbed ... then there will be a lot of catching up to do
xp deus m16 hf coil ws5 ws4 control